PC Won't Boot after installing Acronis True Image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by peter_jung, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter_jung

peter_jung Registered Member

Hi There

I have just installed Acronis True Image (home) V9 on my new PC, however after running the install programme I cannot boot the PC.

I get the bios screen and then a blank screen with a flashing cursor .....

I can boot using "last known good configuration" option but then Acronis won't run saying the required modules cannot be found.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Win XP Pro SP2
    1 x Seagate 320Gb IDE
    2 x Seagate 320Gb IDE

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is strange, TI doesn't do anything until Windows starts its' services.

This errror message is similar to what would be expected if the boot sector or boot files are in the wrong place/missing.

Did you by any chance make an SZ ?

If you are able to boot into safe mode, I'd suggest once booted go to start\run and type in services.msc, from the list that pops up, disablescheduler2. Then, type into the run box msconfig, click on the start tab and untick TrueImage Monitor and Timounter Monitor, this will ensure when you reboot back into 'normal' mode that none of TI's bits and bobs will be running.

If you find that you still can't boot into Windows, then it sounds as though your boot sector is not well.

Unless you've installed the SZ then TI doesn't touch the boot sector.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peter_jung,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that as bodgy said this is a very strange behavior. Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue in more details. Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please use another computer if it is possible to create this bootable floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.