PC Tune-Up Utility

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Someone, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not complete enough, I do better. ;)
    I beat any registry/history/junk cleaner and you can use as many as you want, I still beat them all together.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Erik assuming that you are still using frozen and don't use any reg edit programs
    how do you deal with Ordinary everyday programs or don't you both. Take Office for example. Like many programs it is full of completely unnecessary junk.
    Just install windows Xp and then office and various reg edit programs will find hundreds if not thousands of entries to delete. Do you not both with these entries ?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I keep all these registries of WinXPproSP3 and MS Office 2000 Pro or any other legit software on my system and that doesn't bother me, because they don't cause any problem.
    I don't consider myself as a registry expert to agree/disagree with the reported registries of any registry cleaner and that makes a registry cleaner dangerous, because in most cases average users don't know what they are doing, they just listen to what the registry cleaner tells them to do. It wouldn't be the first time that a registry cleaner causes problems afterwards and sometimes much later.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  4. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

Registry cleaners and registry defragmentation are snake oil. Only geeks like us obsess over such things.

The danger for most people is malware which can very easily insert itself into the registry. That's what needs to be cleaned, not by a cleaner or 'optimizer' but by security software.

Same goes for all the hundreds of shareware OS tweakers, in most cases they will make no difference, unless you are infected. While we discuss and debate the best tool for the job, most people just carry on and get some work done :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.