PC Tools Firewall Upgrade 6.0.0.1- What's This ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wtsinnc, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hello;

I'm currently running the free version (5.0.0.36) of PC Tools firewall on one of my installs and just out of curiosity, right-clicked on it's program folder.
    Of the individual files within the folder, the last one caught my eye; it's named "Upgrade".
    I am unable to open the file, but allowing the mouse pointer to hover over the entry displays the information "PC Tools Upgrade 6.0.0.1 created 12-20-2008" (the date I installed the firewall) and the file size is 1.46mb.

I've been to the PC Tools website and cannot find anything regarding a firewall version 6.0.0.1
    Does anyone have information about this ?

Thanks.

2. gery

gery Registered Member

they have a forum there so better check and inform us please

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

gery;

I searched the forums this morning prior to my first post.
    No information anywhere on the PC Tools website (including the forums) about this specific file or a proposed/impending upgrade to a version 6.0.0.1 using the search term "PC Tools upgrade 6.0.0.1", "Upgrade 6.0.0.1", "PC Tools firewall upgrade", or anything similar.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i am using the PCTOOLS firewall 5 and i don't know anything about that but what can i say.

5. SFC

SFC Registered Member

I suppose it is Smart Update 6.0.0.1 and not PC Tools Firewall 6.0.0.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.