PC Tools Firewall Plus 7.0.0.111 - Final

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AvinashR, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

PC Tools Firewall Plus is a powerful free personal firewall for Windows® that protects your computer by preventing unauthorized users from gaining access to your computer through the Internet or a network. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information.

PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed especially for people, not just experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default while experienced users can optionally create their own advanced packet filtering rules, including IPv6 support, to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection.

That's how PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your PC remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people every day to protect their home and business computers against online threats. We recommend you use PC Tools Firewall Plus in combination with Spyware Doctor for comprehensive system protection against spyware, adware and other threats.

What's new in PC Tools Firewall Plus 7

• Extensive Security Permission (ESP). PC Tools Firewall Plus has extended its Self Protection to block malicious programs bypassing the firewall. Some malicious programs access the internet by disabling the firewall allowing your personal information to be sent to the internet undetected. PC Tools Firewall Plus intercepts termination requests restricting who can terminate the firewall and modify protected objects.
    • Improved Application rules interface displays an application’s details as well as extended/improved user control over input and output rule creation and modification. The new rules interface also allows creation and modification of new ESP rules. This allows the expert user complete control of the network access.
    • More informative pop ups PC Tools Firewall Plus is built using the new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) architecture in Windows 7, Vista™ and Server 2008 to provide you with precise control over all network traffic, including IPv6, on both 32bit and 64bit systems.
    • Updated Profiles Interface for greater control over network access profiles. Configure trusted and untrusted network profiles to help ensure your network access to tailored to the security level of the network you’re connected to.
    • Network Display has been extended to include detailed available adaptor information including assigned profile, MAC Address and traffic statistics as well as detailed network information including the IP, Gateway IP and subnet mask.
    • Normal and Expert modes have been combined into one simple to use interface. The new interface has automatic rule and profile creation for the normal user as well as an interface allowing highly customisable configurations for expert users.
    Homepage:- http://www.pctools.com/firewall/

Download:- --http://www.pctools.com/mirror/fwinstall.exe--

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks AvinashR for update :) I am downloading it now.

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

You are welcome bro...

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Any1 tried it yet ? is it good ?

5. bollity

bollity Registered Member

simple,light and effective firewall.i'm using the firewall only (no HIPS).

6. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Thanks for the info! :thumb:

7. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

First of all, am I just imagining that I read on here a few months ago that development on this had ceased? Secondly, we need bellgamin on this. Would welcome his opinion!

8. Morro

Morro Registered Member

That would have been the case but they met a lot protest when the announced that they wanted to stop development of PCTools Firewall PLUS as a standalone. :D

9. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I installed this right after the release to take it for a test drive, and I have to say I'm impressed...runs really light with no lagging I can detect. If it keeps up this way, it might be a keeper. Good job PC Tools :thumb:

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Do the outbound alerts show resolved IP addresses by name?

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I tried to install it yesterday... The monitor showed a frozen distorted image and rebooted... I restored a Macrium image.

12. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Tried it in my VM. Nice FW with quite good leak protection (if you're into that sort of thing) without being a full blown HIPS. Sits in the middle between 'standard' firewalls, e.g. Windows Firewall with Win7 Firewall Control, and FW HIPS such as OA, CIS, PFW. If you don't want a HIPS but you do want some leak protection this should be on the shortlist.

Would work very nicely alongside a behaviour blocker such as Mamutu.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Would be a nice thing when you can impose the HIPS part only on the applications which go outbound. I also see that the categories of classes for wich individual HIPS rules can be set are better grouped.

14. Cimmerian

Not on my personal box now, so can't say for sure...but if my memory serves me correctly, I don't think they do. I'll check it out later if nobody beats me to it.

15. JustJohnny

JustJohnny Registered Member

I'm gonna have to check this out. It seems really full featured, especially the IPv6 features. My only reservation is that I like the D+ features I have with Comodo. I wonder how the HIPS on this compares with D+.

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

ok thanks

17. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Really a nice firewall. Runs light.. A very nice clear hips no question about what it is saying to you. Has Ipv6 for free. Why is this important for W7 x 64? I feel well protected using it. Sol far absolutely no problems.

18. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

It failed to install properly 3 times, though it worked. Light, simple GUI, but editing rules is pretty complicated, well at least it uninstalled correctly unlike Comodo.

19. interested

interested Registered Member

seems great firewall....
    anyone know how to disable the hips function only?
    thanks

20. Cimmerian

Settings--Filtering--Enhanced Security Permissions slider set to low.
    That's the closest thing to it I can see...

21. Cimmerian

22. korben

korben Registered Member

I had it installed on my system for like... 24h

back to OA Free

23. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

24. Cimmerian

Agreed. It's also ridiculous that the OP brought up the issue with v7 on Dec. 4, and was ignored by the Mods & Admins.
    I guess we should try to keep in mind that many programs are slow to add full functionality to x64 systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.