PC Tools Antivirus v. 6

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cp4eva, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

sometimes even more rarely

2. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

I used PCtools AV last year in the company I was working for. But I had to remove it because sometimes the email scanner make pop3 emails disappear even if they didn't have any attachments. It's an issue that was mentioned in the forum as well. I don't know if it ever got fixed.

3. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

The free version of PC Tools AV is garbage, there's no questions about that. It does not do a very good job protecting a PC from anything. To get the most out of their products you have to purchase Spyware Doctor + AV or the Internet Security. I've been running the Internet Security for couple of months now and it is fantastic. It has blocked some things my older security software let through no problem

4. progress

progress Guest

Does anyone know if PC Tools AV is able to block/detect Rootkits? :rolleyes:

5. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Yes.

No.:'(

6. progress

progress Guest

Thank you.:'(

7. gery

gery Registered Member

ance i am sorry buddy but seems like this is a dead path sort of thread as none here is really interested in this AV since Sy,man:thumbd: ec bought it

8. progress

progress Guest

I agree, PC Tools Antivirus seems to be to crippled to use it :(

9. gery

gery Registered Member

just do not bother with this one as there is plenty of others we can get along with.
    [erspnally i installed it a month ago an uninstalled it right away as i felt unprotected and really did nothing but sit there on the computer and update itself 4 times a week. it is denigrating a little bit at a time.:thumbd:
    take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.