pc tools 2010 bad experience

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawkeen, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

pc tools 2010 bug *fixed*

I had a license file from June for pc tools 2010 internet security. After the latest round of tests from av-test.org I wanted to give it a whirl.

I installed it with default options. A few days later I was FTP'ing large batch jobs that had thousands of items. Filezilla gave me the memory buffer error and couldn't connect to work site. My internet was hosed as nothing worked. I am assuming this is a bug with pc tools 2010 IS firewall or intelliguard settings.

So I uninstall and reinstall microsoft security essentials. Few days later, I think lets give it one more try so I install pc tools 2010 IS again. The same FTP problem occurs so I uninstall and reboot. Upon rebooting, my windows is "Illegal" due to not being a "genuine" copy. I am getting presented with "Activation Error 0x8007000D". I bought this copy of windows 7 from microsoft so I know it and the key are legit.

To fix this activation error I had to boot up the win 7 dvd and run safe mode to restore pc to earlier point. If I tried restoring pc while logged in it failed.

I am using win 7 64 bit enterprise version. Has anyone experienced this before?

Hawk

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I think it's a problem with Firewall, I had this problem with Firewal Plus. It is being discussed in the PC Tools Forum. Since I reinstalled FP I didn't get this problem but a bug surely is there and they are trying to fix it.

3. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

Hi Sadeghi85,

thanks for posting the link. I went over there and read the forum posts and applied their solution and so far everything is working. This is why I like wilders because people here really help.

Thanks again.

cheers
    Hawk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.