Pc Security test

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi again MD. Long time my friend .
    This seems to be another joke . One of my applications did not want it installed as it may contain popups and differing ads . It is considered Pestware . Outside of that , when it tries to run , it wants to test you on allowing a startup entry to be added . of course , I blocked it and the test stopped cold . Not even 1 fourth of the way through . Only to give a popup telling you to buy the product . Like PreEmpt by Pivx , it seems to be a scam . Pivx test IS a scam . It does not list many well known programs as being recognized , thus , you get a low score . This test you listed cannot even run through it's testing if you block something . Keep in mind , this is in RUNNING the tests . NOT installing . I installed and ran it to check it's validity . I will not mention the program it wants you to buy but , I have not heard of it . Seems shady at best . I could be wrong as this is my intial thought . I will not run it again though . Companies which choose to operate this way are , in my opinion , lowlifes . Trying to scare you into buying " their " product .
    Good luck with it .

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi Hollywood thanks for that btw still lov'n first defence !! :D

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

No problem my friend . And glad FD is still working great . Told you it was good !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.