PC Security Test 2005, What the ____?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Milken, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milken

Milken Registered Member

I smell a rat, please tell me you do to. After downloading and running the program the report showed 100% for firewall

25% Anti-Virus 1of 4 Stating unknown, startup, and memory viruses got through. How did I get a 1 of 4 rating when Anti-vir caught 2(heuristic set to high,, memory scan high pri)

25% Anti-Spy Startup, memory, and spyware attached to IE(don't use IE) "worked", I have Microsoft AnitSpyware(I know it scans the memory), they say it blocked the browser hijack.

Tell me Microsoft AntiSpyware and Anti-Vir are better than this.
    The rat really started to smell when the "tip" is to download VirusKeeper2005 for free as it's suppose to stop viruses and spyware.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The solution is to pretend you never heard of PC Security Test 2005 and move on. On a scale of 0-100 I'd rate down around -25.

I ran it twice, first time I gave if permissions when my software challenged it, and got the same scores you did. Ran it a 2nd time, and blocked it with all my security software, and it got real confused and crashed. Worthless!!!

Pete

3. tansu

tansu Registered Member

I did not find it completely trustworthy. But we opened a thread in Turkish security forum about this test. People had tested their security configuration. You can see the results screenshots and the and several security configurations from this link.. It is turkish but pictures and security softwares global :D
    http://www.doctus.net/index.php?topic=148.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.