PC running 1/4 speed - Help please!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Hi - my backup PC (Dell Dimension 4400 - few years old- well maintained(I thought) - 2 Ghz proc & 384 ram) has started slowing down quite noticeably. I do routine maintenance (defrag, disk check, not many background programs running, no viruses or spyware ) so in desparation I tried PC Pitstops online pc checker. It came up with this & it sorta makes sense - "Unusually Low Disk Performance" Drive C has an uncached speed of 14 MB/second - most systems have a speed of 29 MB/second.
    It neglects to tell you how to remedy it - outside of the usual stuff I already do. Any suggestions? Many thanks!!! Deca

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

3. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi Nadirah - Thank you for that! I tried it - it said it was fine - it came up with that remarkably fast btw... Any other ideas or test sites? Thank again, D:thumb:

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

5. DellCA

DellCA Registered Member

Hi,

My name is Todd and I'm Customer Advocate at Dell's corporate headquarters. Were you able to get this issue resolved? If not, feel free to email me at Customer_Advocate@Dell.com. Please include my first name (Todd) in the subject line of the email so the message can quickly be routed through to me. I'll be glad to help you if you still need help.

Thank you,

Todd

Customer Advocate
    Dell, Inc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.