pc monitor locks

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by iii, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iii

iii Registered Member

if i locked my desktop monitor with the windows lock. Can someone just switch monitors e.g take the current locked monitor out and replace it with another monitor and bypass the monitor lock that way or would the additional monitor be locked as soon as its plugged in?

i know there are other ways that pc locks can be bypassed but im aware of those and im wondering if someone can switch monitors and access your computer that way

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

No...If I understand you correctly when you lock your desktop you are locking the desktop of your computer....not your Monitor. Un less you are talking about a physical lock on the monitor, which I never seen. Then the answer would be yes.

3. iii

iii Registered Member

yes i was talking about the windows lock which would lock your computer as soon as you press the windows logo+L or it would lock automatically after a short period of time. Thanks for the information

quick edit here, not sure if you know this since it's pretty specific but say i hooked up multiple monitors 1 or 2 extra etc would that windows login lock still be in effect for all of the monitors? i assume it would but dont have addition monitors yet to give it a try

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  4. tsec

tsec Registered Member

Yep - win logo + L locks the machine, including the monitor(s).

:)

(You can set your machine to lock automatically as well, after a period of inactivity - check the screen saver settings).:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.