PC Magazine review - ThreatFire 3.5

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by smith2006, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I think some of what he is saying, is that TF has a lot of drivers. I know when I uninstalled it for awhile there were many left over driver registry keys when compared to other security software's I have used and uninstalled registry keys for.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Off topic posts removed. The topic of this thread is "PC Magazine review - ThreatFire 3.5" only.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ok duke thanks,Was just a little worried If it was more harmfull then good.

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

If you are referring to the user who had his keyboard become inoperable after uninstalling TF and then manually deleteing some components, that was found to be due to the fact that he removed TF in safe mode instead of in normal mode, which would have removed the driver safely, as discussed here. I believe PC Tools is going to look into the safemode uninstall problem as well though.

Also, TF does offer an uninstall tool to help completely remove it from a users system after doing a normal install. See post #6 in this thread at PC Tools forums to download the removal tool called RemoveThreatfire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.