PC Magazine review: SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 4.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EliteKiller, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Which statement ? I don't see any quote.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I think he was just joking. :)

3. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

The claim (or insinuation) that we are an API only app is the only thing I have an issue with . There is no way we could remove many of the infections that we do without being able to bypass the API .

You are correct that there are a lot of similarities in the way MBAM is going compared SAS and it is intentional . SAS was the first free tool I ever used that I would actually call good . The good things about it are what we had in mind at the start .

You mentioned adult site malware and while I do pound that heavily (joke intended) I also do extensive research on exploit born infections , cracks sites malware and do loads of HJT forum research to see what the AVs are missing . I am also on many sample feeds that deal with low detection rate malware . The idea is to have MBAM be very good at what the AVs are very bad at . I am one guy doing defs and as crazy as I am getting 2 and 10 updates in each day I have to sleep sometimes .

GMER codes one of our two drivers , the other (not added yet) is being coded by swatcat . Our existing driver gets tricks added to it on a regular basis . At this point full DDA (as in 100%) is going to happen in version 2 of MBAM .

The fight , why all of this started for me to begin with . The free version to advertise the pay version means many people get their systems fixed for free and we make a living in the process , everyone wins . I do my best to get the very new and poorly detected samples submitted for everyone and have no plans to stop this .

IMO there is plenty of room for both apps .

4. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

the following quote

Dr web cure it detects based on signatures-+new module for detection sometimes of this stealth bot....it does NOT detect all variants of this polymorphing bot;)

No other current AV/AT/ASW scanner can and has claimed to detect active Rustock C todate.

Dr Web ARK tool(Aplha build) vendor use only and all versions of RKU VX(private builds) are allegedly Rustock C killers....There are probaly more private tools in the labs out there but none are availble or suitable for use by genaral user's;)

Ur statement was complete crass:thumbd:

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Good lord, this time I didn't forget my smileys and it is still considered as serious. :)

6. Mazar

Mazar Registered Member

They are kidding forsure :) As well as they must be kidding when they added the option "Prevent ANY application to terminate SUPERAntiSpyware" thinking to prevent it by simply hooking ZwTerminateProcess,

As already written, they can't detect nor remove mbr rootkit, so reading the reply given to Rustock.C detection and repair I can assure he was kidding forsure :)

7. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

It's working for me too Nick. I would never really uninstall a program as good as SAS. I was just being sarcastic about doing so
    because of the quite obvious inaccurate PC Magazine review given to it.

8. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

learn sarcasm. yes, lots of people use it.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

100% in total agreement with this assessment as evidenced by long practicing such a preventative strategy. :thumb:

10. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

You know Easter anyone can put layer on layer on layer,no problems with that,but to make the layering as smooth and transparant as possible is a real challenge as confirmed by many users here on Wilders.

11. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Therein lies the REAL problem. Getting the layers to co-habitate peacefully

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I think everyone is in agreement with that, but we have to admit too that these different security solutions most users layer with, have grown more compatible then what once was, still some apps simply don't line up as expected for one reason or another.

But, at least now there are plenty enough choices where users CAN finally enjoy a certain degree of confidence with them all together.

It's a matter of lining up those that do from those that don't.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  13. dendrobates

dendrobates Registered Member

14. splinter hell

splinter hell Registered Member

How many signatures in total does Super antispyware have.o_O

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We detect well over 1 million threats - we don't have a "signature count" because our typical "definition" can detect and remove many variants of a threat family.

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

@Nick

Is SUPERAntiSpyware self-protection proven in your lab to safely enough withstand the harshest of attempts to unseat it's drivers in the SSDT Table?

It's without doubt the most AGGRESSIVE AS we have ever seen when up against today's most common threats and as far as i know utilizes special techniques to thwart persistent, even fork bomb type malware that rapidly repeats itself in order to attempt to overwhelm apps of this nature.

EASTER

17. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Our drivers don't rely on the SSDT table(s) like most - I really can't go into our proprietary methods, but we do things differently than most products I am aware of.

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Works for me so don't publish the trade secrets. Just happy SAS takes aN INNOVATIVE different route to solidly seat itself whereever it can't be easily tampered with.

EASTER

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are always improving our technology, the upcoming 4.1 version has some huge techology improvements and the completion of our new engine :) It's a "cat and mouse" game - spyware vs anti-spyware, we are always striving to keep the users protected :)

We appreciate all of the forum members support as it's for you we create the software :)

20. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hello Nick,
    With a attitude like this and a fantastic program like you have, we will always support you.

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Count on it. :thumb:

22. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

I never heard of SUPERAntiSpyware until I came to this forum. What a great program!

A co-worker came to me after having internet connectivity problems with his PC. It had been cleaned at a nationally known electronics retailer. They installed Trend Micro Internet Security and Spysweeper. I installed SUPERAntiSpyware and it found and cleaned 5 trojans the others missed, returning his PC back to normal.

Thanks Nick, hope to send more customers your way. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

23. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Geek Squad FTL :thumbd: I'm sure that they required your co-worker to purchase the software, in addition to the spyware removal service, bringing the total to around $200. Correct?

24. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

He was a little embarassed after he told me, but after they installed the wallet vacuum that number sounds correct.

25. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Glad we could help out! Enjoy the product!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.