PC Mag: Best Antivirus Software for 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by InfinityAz, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwinegar

rwinegar Registered Member

I also read the PC Mag review. As a result I installed Webroot Antivirus With Spysweeper 2011 on all three of my computers. That was a week ago. So far I am loving it. I see no performance hit whatsoever. No slow down or lag. No increase in CPU usage. I previously had Panda Cloud AV. After installing Webroot it removed a total of 3 trojans that Panda and Trojan Remover had obviously missed. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this program.

I wonder about those people who are complaining about performance lagging while running this program. It makes me wonder about the general health of their computers before the program was installed.

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

There doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can download a trialo_O It's a buy only option, or a 'free scan'.

3. rwinegar

I found a 3 license version in brand new sealed box for $9.00 including shipping on eBay. EBay is an excellent source for software. But be CAREFUL. There are a lot of scammers on eBay. Common sense must prevail. I only buy OEM in manufacturers sealed box - never just an emailed key code. Never been stung yet.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

AFAIK Webroot uses the Sophos engine & sigs. A top-tier AV. Not the absolute best, but doggone good. And now Webroot has bought Prevx & is aggressively marketing it. This is an outfit to watch, no doubt about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That PCMag article is NOT a test. It is an advertisement in the guise of a test. :blink:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  5. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

There is a trial for the internet security complete version.

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products.html

Looking at the test results from the big boys, webroot doesn't seem to do that well.

6. Scoobs72

You better hope Webroot don't have over enthusiastic lawyers and read this forum, unless you have proof of course ;)

7. rwinegar

That PCMag article is NOT a test. It is an advertisement in the guise of a test. Money changed hands in dark of night while the wolfbane was in bloom.

Further deponent sayeth not

I agree with Scoobs72. I think that was a dumb thing to say unless you are ready to back it up with proof. How much money did you accept for your response?

8. Scoobs72

I only said it in jest, as I'm sure Bellgamin's statement was with tongue firmly in cheek also :)

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.