PC Hardware Forum?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by David S, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S

David S Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a forum (similiar in knowledgable users to Wilders) that discusses hardware, in my case I'm looking for dvd repair information.
    Thanks

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I don't believe I know of a purely hardware forum, however I know of a decent forum which has a hardware section that should give you a response very quickly due to its large number of members.

The forum is www.futuremark.com, the forum is realy intended for benchmarkers but they tend to have tones of technical knowledge as well.

The exact address for the hardware sections is

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=techotherhardware

Best Regards
    Jimbob

3. Jimbob1989

Just don't tell them I refered you as I was banned from there and might get a little suspicious.

Jimbob

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi David,

I have moved your thread from Ten Forward into the Software & Services forum where it will get better attention.

If you want to give more details on your dvd related problem, we may be able to help you better with suggestion that might help, or where to go to get the help you need.

Regards,

snap

5. Jimbob1989

Do you want to post the problem here as well. Some members may be able to hep.

Jimbob

6. David S

David S Registered Member

Thanks,
    I have a Sony DVD RW DRU-510A. Inside, there is what appears to be a round counterweight that fits on top of the disc as it spins to keep the disc on the spindle. This keeps coming off. I didn't notice anything that it attaches to, but you can tell where it fits. It might not really attach to anything as it looks like it spins with the disc. I've placed it back in the spot where it goes and it will work for a day or two and then it comes off. I burn at low speeds and nothing looks damaged.

Thanks for any info
    David

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.