PC doesnt boot after installing True image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neomist, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neomist

neomist Registered Member

Hello,
    I just installed true image 8.0 build 826 the latest verison as of 05/20/05. Once I rebooted my computer it would not boot pass the "verifying DMI data pool". I have an 160 lacie external hard drive(USB2). I am running a Intel raid controller at Raid 0 with WD raptors.

After trouble shooting for a while I figure out if i turn my external hard drive my computer will boot. WHy is this? I have set my bios to run to boot order HDD0 then HDD/usb, then cdrom. Does true image suppot this type of set up(raid0).

I bought this thinking if my Raid 0 failed it I would be able to pull my image from my external HDD. Have I done something wrong?

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I've seen this often when Windows ME or 98 is installed but not with Windows XP. What operating system are you using?

3. shadreed

shadreed Registered Member

Check your controller. Is it the ICH6R? If so, I'm having problems with it too. See my recent post "Support for the ICH6R". When I try to restore an image to my Raid 1 array True Image barfs and says that it only does Raid 0 so you should be ok...

Do you need to have the External HD in your boot sequence?

Shad

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello neomist,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please change the boot order in BIOS, setting the CD drive before the USB hard drive. This should solve your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.