PC-cillin

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I notice that PC-cillin includes an AV and a firewall. I don's read much here about that product. Is it a good AV and firewall or am I better off with something like Bid Defender and Kerio 2.1.5?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I'm using PC-cillin (Trend Micro Internet Security) 2005. I like it. I'm running it on XP Home/SP2 with Internet Explorer 6. It's easy to configure, nice GUI, inbound/outbound e-mail scanning. Updates a very frequent. I'm also using the its firewall. I was using Zone Alarm Pro, but decided to give Trend's firewall a try. It's not bad. Passes the Shields Up and Leak Test at GSR.com.

The only problem I've had since installing it, was when I tried to send a e-mail with a WMP video stream attachment through OE to a friend. It would get to about seventy percent and then freeze. I never had any problems before when sending out e-mail with video streams attachments. I tried everything and then out of frustration, I disabled Trend's outbound e-mail scanning. That did the trick. I still don't know why outbound e-mail scanning wouldn't let it out. I scanned the video file for viruses before sending, and it was clean.

Other than that little problem, TMIS 2005 has been running very nicely.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. There are so many firewalls, and AV that is difficult to choose.

Jerry

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I plan to purchase and use it on my Emachine wthin the next 6 months. AV and Firewall both expire within weeks of each other then. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.