PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 Beta Program

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I didn't have any problems today with PC-cillin loading at startup. I received an answer from TM beta support. It basically said they were sorry that I was having a problem, and would look into it. If I had any more problems, be sure to let them know. It's nice to get quick responses from a company's tech support. :) It's good to know that there is one, soon to be two "insiders" here at Wilders. I'll know who to ask when I need help. ;) :)

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I just opened up Task Manager to check on things and was surprised by this:

processes1.jpg

These are the lowest numbers I have seen so far with PCC2007. I have seen TMProxy and PcScnSrv as high as 64MB each.

[btw, I am not running Vista, just XP with a Vista theme, lol. Vista Beta only stayed on my computer only a few hours. It has a way to go before I put it back on my machine again. If I do I will need to add more RAM and change my sound card. According to Creative's site, they do not plan to build Vista drivers for the Soundblaster Live! (mine is the 'value' version)]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  3. Graystoke

midway40, do you happen to know why your memory usage for PcScnSrv and TMProxy has dropped? Mine are still very high. 63,000K for PcScnSrv, and 32,000K for TMProxy. It doesn't seem to affect perfomance any, but those numbers sure are high.

4. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Hi!

I am very impressed about Pc-cillin 2007. Resource usage is adjusted by your system potential. It has web scanning and all the bells and jingles. There is no noticable system slow down when using this suite. :)

Pretty comprehensive protection indeed.

5. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Yes,indeed trendmicro have done a splendid job with their firewall and also by introducing proactive defense,warning about dangerous websites,anti-phishing and much more...

6. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Is the firewall realy so good. I can remember that previous versions where not very inpressive!!

7. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

it's more rules intensive than before & after looking at McAfee's mess & since Trend does wireless protection I'm considering it for my & the wife's laptop, I used Trend Before (03,04,05) & has always been ram intensive but no impact on performance...

8. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

I'm really starting to like this new PC-Cillin.

9. Netherlands

Does it have Http scanning so that a virus is blocked beforeit reaches your harddrive??

10. Legendkiller

yes definetly pc-cillin has http scanner and i think all major AV's have that,i am not aware of AV's without http scanner...o_O o_O o_O o_O

and as for netherland,dude i am not a firewall expert,so maybe some knowledgeable guys may en-lighten us...

but as far as i know using pc-cillin 2007 after 2006 i get a feeling that i am using firewall!:D :D :D

11. Netherlands

The new products of mcaffee doesnt have active http scanning !!

12. Graystoke

Is anybody else who is using PC-cillin 2007, showing high memory usage like mine in my above post #53? Like I said, it's not affecting performance, I have lots of RAM, but I'm wondering if this is normal. It seems very high to me.

13. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

I was using PC-cillin this afternoon in another FDISR snapshot & yes, my #'s were high as yours were. On my older computer there is a hit on performance as well.

Rob

14. Saw11_2000

HTTP scanning, I don't think so in TMIS 2007.

Anyone confirm this?

TMIS 2007 almost = KIS 6.0 :)

I'm also beginning to think there might be a memory leak.

15. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Graystoke, PcScnSrv is now 62MB and tmproxy is 80MB o_O I have no idea why it was so low last night. I will keep monitoring it to see if I can notice a pattern. Last night was strange, I haven't seen those kind of numbers even on past PCC's.

I think that the website blocking is no more than comparing it to a database of known websites that install adware, malware, jokeware, etc and warning you of it. The firewall is more or less quiet except for when it does not recognize a componet accessing the net and when a network virus is detected (it went off last night, saying Blaster was knocking at my door, lol).

16. Legendkiller

no high mem usage here...and sorry to netherland for a half-cooked info.

17. Graystoke

I've been checking memory usage off and on today. No big changes. Numbers about same as yesterday. I will stay with it for now. I'm really liking this new suite. The only thing I wasn't sure if I would like was the firewall, but I like it. Overall, this new TMIS 2007 is very nice.

18. Saw11_2000

I just fired off an email about how Incomming and Outgoing mail message scanning is considered mandatory protection, and the console assigns you a score of "Incomplete" if you are without these.

I explained that I do not use any mail client on my computer, and prefer to use Yahoo, and use the webmail scanner in TMIS 2007, and to remove the requirement for the mail scanning as mandatory protection, or make it one or the other.

19. Saw11_2000

Agreed, leaps and bounds over NIS and McAfee products.

20. Saw11_2000

139 MB of RAM usage for me now.

21. Technic

Technic Registered Member

HTTP scanning is there. So i can not confirm.

Memory leak - i can not confirm.:p

22. Saw11_2000

Anyone one tried running firewallleaktester.com tests with firewall at maximum security settings (which is the way to go)?

I'd be willing to bet it will do a hell of a lot better than last year's version.

23. Saw11_2000

Ehh, I'll take the initiative and run as many as I can. :)

24. Saw11_2000

PC-Cillin failed about three...I have a nice report typed up of exact vulnerabilities and tests, but they got LOST...damn.

Try to do more work...

25. edwardk

edwardk Registered Member

With 3 IE browser sessions open, here is what I have as memory usage:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.