PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 Beta Program

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

any screenies? would u use beta on ur main pc? I'm still using 2005 didnt like 2006 TMIS, hope 2007 is different... that or i may switch to Panda.

Tried to install beta 2007 wants me to remove spysweeper? so didnt go ahead like to see it though? anyone know of conflicts between spysweeper and pc cillian older versions?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i would keep with thred if i was you because panda has some of the worse detection rates

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know where you are getting your information but Panda has very good detection rates.

bigc

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I've registered. They are giving money and free licenses and I don't want to loose this oportunity. :D :D :p

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

The Beta test period for PC-Cillin IS 2007 is July 22 - August 22, 2006 according to Trend Micro URL given in first post NOT July 28 - August 28!

-- Tom

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

8. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I've filled survey but no mail until now. Have you got the mail?

9. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

since I use to run TrendMicro before I gave it a quick once over & it's uses way too much memory, tho doesn't impact the running of programs. It weighed in at 180k & had some nice features as it warned me of to site that I was about to visit had spyware on them, so I did like that but the amount of mem made me remove it before I got too far. The firewall is greatly improved but I see nothing earth breaking here,people with wireless connections would like it but all the Suites seem to be very heavy this coming 07 & you need an extra chip of 256 to run them...

10. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

yes i regiesterd too but i cant intall it cuz of spysweeper hymmmmmmmmmm
    wonder if older versions conflict with spysweeper too anyone know?? also any screen shots of 2007 plz...MD

11. larryb52

basically alot like 2006, not a whole lot of difference, a few minor chges but the interface is the same, the firewall prompts remind me of McAfee's which my wife uses on her laptop & she being a McAfee fan will probably go that route when they update...I used TM till I found a trojan on the desktop around this time last year & have been playing around since. Basically stick with Nod on the laptop & KIS for the desktop...my main machine is the laptop BTW...

12. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

trend.JPG here is onescreen shot. I will post other screenshot soon.

13. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thx for sharing this screenshot

14. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Installed the big bugger......and it is BIG! Typical 'all in one' very fancy packet. Not for me! Removed it quickly and started breathing again.....pffffffff!!!

15. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hm...They may have changed the date from 28th to 22nd. It was 28th when I first saw it...
    Surprised to see that a screenshot has been posted, thinking it was not yet available...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  16. pykko

pykko Registered Member

can you post some system resources it uses? RAM, CPU?

17. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Haven't logged all that......should have, but sorry! It's gone.....too bad, but better for me and my system.

18. larryb52

about 180k memory required to run it full out tho alot of that is for spam (50K) it's just too big, looks like an improvement but to what cost?? I mean our computer will be safe but it'll be probably that nothing will run on it... that is unless you have a gig of memory. Don't get the idea that TM is not alone here I tried McAfee Total on my wife's & it weighed in close to the same. I find that for all it does I don't need it as my wife onlu had 512K on the machine, I may get her the firewall and virus protection but that'll be it...she prefer's McAfee...

19. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thx, larry. I'll give it a try tomorrow and probably I'll uninstall it fast from what you said. :D

20. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I just got my email and downloaded it here at work. I will install it tonight on my computer and see how it goes. I have 768MB of memory but when I want to play games or something I usually turn it off anyway (don't play online games). I have been testing PCIS since '04 and haven't really had any probs with it. Thanks for posting the screenshot.

21. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

trend3g.JPG here is the screenshot showing taskmanager.

22. larryb52

are all the features on?, there's a few more app's that are added as you turn on all the features & from TMproxy it looks like spam is not on...

23. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Another resource using image from procx:

20tqtjb.jpg

I like this version of Pccillin. We know Pccillin isn't good at catching trojans. I have a file infected with trj.proagent.aa. Pccillin says file is clear. I execuate file
    in Virtual Machine and proactive defense (HIPS) of new Pccillin stopped it.

24. larryb52

guess I'll have to reload it & give it another look, I also thought it was a bit slow on start up but that could just be my 1.6 laptop...

25. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Ooops wrong thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.