PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(screenshots)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sher, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Well KIS will include process, registry and scripting control so it can't really be seen as a direct comparison. :)

I do have to wonder what the anticipation is about though - the screenshots show a suite with anti-virus/spyware/spam options (and presumably some sort of firewall in the Network Security section). It's hardly a first, and certainly won't be the last.

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Everyone has an opinion so , here is mine . There is NO way PC-cillin is comparable to NOD OR KAV . No way ! And , instead of trying to explain to all the folks who would argue this , do some research and you will find that their 2005 version was NOT tops in class . As I said before . I LIKE the interface but , it is about how good the program does what it should COMPARED to others of the same genre' .
    Only an opinion but , good luck

3. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I respect your opinion. :D

I've used Kaspersky in the past, and I didn't like the interface. Even, when it blocks viruses, it doesn't display anything, which is pathetic. They need to improve it big time.

I haven't tried NOD32, so can't say much about it. But I've heard positive feedback from everywhere. The interface is better than Kaspersky.

As for PC-cillin, it's the best for me. Better than Kaspersky even(whose detection rate is the best).

I've been using it for eight months now, and NO VIRUS, so far! That's enough for me!

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thats because you didn't configure it correctly, because the default config is to ""Promt user for action".

No viruses, could it be that you simply didn't have had any?;)

PC-cillin has an average detection on level with the free Avast, AntiVir and only slightly better than AVG, but if the GUI is the most important, then by all means....:)

5. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I know very well how to configure it properly. I'm a perfectionist in that regard!

Ya... if you say so! :rolleyes:

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i summed it up pretty similar to Don pelotas findings. Trend Micro isn't really that great as many think. AV-Comparatives test shows very similar results...

7. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

For the very normal, very common user PC-cillin should be fine.
    Not ok, just fine.
    Ok is: Kaspersky, Nod32, F-Secure, McAfee.

But don't forget: internet is full of all kind of dangers and those dangers are growing now-a-days every minute.

Congratulations for being virus-fre eight months, but remember, the day you are not virus-free anymore is already programmed.

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You should have seen Trend Micro two years back......I'm happy that they made a very good improvement in these two years. Even if its not as good as NOD or KAV, its still decent enough.

Maybe they'll improve even more......

9. Don Pelotas

If you were such a perfectionist, then you would have noticed that Kav does of course give you notice when it blocks something.
    Yes , i do say so. Look, i understand, you love the Trend-Micro GUI and wish to promote it so that more users will use it, but people's motives for choosing an AV are different from person to person, not all fall for eyecandy, some will like you choose it because they like the GUI, some will choose an AV because of it configurability, it's heuristics or it's detection. Whatever suits any user is fine by me, but just don't tell me Trend-Micro is right up there with Kav or Nod in detection, because it isn't.

I would personally choose free choices like Avast or AntiVir long before i would pay for Trend-Micro, even if they are buttugly, but that because i choose detection/functionality before the look of the GUI and do not pay extra for eyecandy, thats just my opinion and there's nothing wrong with that or your way for that matter, no two persons are alike. :)

10. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

That are the real perfectionists!;)

11. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Trend GUI .. I do like their online scanner, but as a defense system on my pc .. No thank you.
    Don't ask me why, I just don't like it, especially with the major ****up they made in one of their updates. It was worse than one of the nastiest worms ever found..

12. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I have a question about CWShredder that is part of TMIS 2006. I am not familiar with it. Is it a true anti-spyware software, or is it just something that detects the coolwebsearch browser hijacker.?

13. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi Brian N. I have not heard of this. Can you please explain?

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Trend Micro: "Trend Micro™ CWShredder™ is the latest defense against the new Cool Web Search variants".

15. hollywoodpc

Amen ! Thank you kindly Don . Could not be better said ! Or written

16. Sher

Sher Registered Member

No, it didn't use to notify me at all. And I don't have to prove that. May be, now they have fixed that issue in their newer version!

One more thing, when I tried to uninstall, it destroyed my OS completely... the system won't even boot-up... same thing happened to my friend as well... but still from my very first post on this forum, I've been praising it!

See... you're actually making me laugh now with your somewhat childish kind of remarks. I'm just stating my opinion about it. I don't work for Trend Micro. And I'm not on a mission to promote it either. Whatever, I've said about it is what I've experienced with it. It's user feedback - actually! And I'm just sharing my experience with people. That's it!

It's a public forum, after all, where people express their views and share their ideas. I don't know why you have got a problem with me praising Trend Micro. If I do that, you call me a promoter. Weird!

And, if you hate Trend Micro that much, you can go on and make a new topic titled "PC-cillin Bashing," and even call up all your allies, I don't care! But you can't force me to change my mind about something which I think is RIGHT!

P.S. And please, no comparisons from now onwards. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  17. Don Pelotas

I've been using Kaspersky since version 3.0 (& practicly all builds), none of the versions have exhibited a behavior like you claim, now if you have change the setting to "Perform recomended action" from the default "Prompt user for action"..........but in this case it would only have done as instructed by........you.
    I'm glad i made you laugh, but lets get something straight, you were the one with claims like:
    And in another thread:
    And since this is a public forum where people express their views and share their ideas, as you so correctly state, what could possibly be wrong with setting you straight on some of those incorrect claims? Unless of course you only wish to see one "truth" (yours)?

I don't have a problem you, i'm simply saying PC-Cillin is not quite as good as you think it is and that a free product like AntiVir has the same kind of detectionrate, you apparantly don't like that, but again you were the one with who opened the door to discussion by making the post.

Just for the record: I don't hate Trend-Micro/PC-Cillin, i just don't think they are very good, thats all and sharing my views, thats not bashing!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  18. Sher

Sher Registered Member

About Norton... yep... it's the worst ever... screws your PC big time... destroys the registry... in fact, squeezes the life outta your PC... more than 90% people will acknowledge that!

See... I didn't like the interface of Kaspersky... that's true... but right from my very first post, I'm calling it one of the best - in fact - the best(detection wise). Read again!

Before buying PC-cillin, I used to have AntiVir, and there's no way on earth you could compare a below-average product with a great product like PC-cillin.

And to me, PC-cillin is, and will always be the best! It's a RIPPER! :cool:

P.S. And I don't want anyone to agree with me on that. Again, I'm just stating my opinion!

19. Murtadh

Murtadh Guest

At the past trandmicro was not good enough to compare it with kav, nod, panda and avast. but in the last 2 years the company takes long steps to the best, and I thing now its better than any free av.

That’s my opinion
    Murtadh

20. Don Pelotas

No need to read again, i know you think it's one of the best, my comments were about this:
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    PC-cillin has the same detectionrate as Avast & AntiVir, if you don't believe me, then read something like the AV-Comparatives tests and you will see that the detection both on-demand & proactive is basicly the same.
    Fair enough.

21. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hmmm... why buy XP when Microsoft's new Vista OS is due out shortly?

22. Firecat

Because support for WinMe will probably be removed much before the time Windows Vista arrives....maybe. ;)

23. hollywoodpc

Vista is due out shortly ? Can you tell me more as I am out of the loop . I thought it would be at least another 8 months . At least ! What is the latest on their release now ?
    Thanks

24. Firecat

By saying shortly bellgamin means ~1year ;)

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

My eldest grandchild has surfed for over 2 years with NO antivirus program.:eek: She, too, has experienced no malware. Even so, I wouldn't suggest anyone to do as she does.

Neither would I suggest anyone to select an AV based on anecdotal evidence instead of objective test results, such as those at AV-comparatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.