Payware security for extreme n00bs on XP

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zapjb, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Same here. Been using nod32, kaspersky and f-secure, but went back with the 07 version. Definatly the av that runs best on me and my girlfriends laptops (together with nod, but have more trust in nav07 with sonar). And btw. Symantec Corporate and the 07 home version uses the same amount of system resources on my pc. Talking about the 07 version, its usless what Norton 2003,4,5,6 did, U dont have to be very gifted to se that (and it still is for many in here, LOL!)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As Blackspear once said , people wonder how wars start ?! The one in bold can definitely make you troubles , eBBox , especially if your current girlfriend sees it . A simple apostrophe can define whether you have one girlfriend only or your girlfriend has more than one laptop :D

my girlfriends' latops or my girlfriend's laptops ;) :D

sorry for the off-topic,just joking

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I'll ask if anyone needs a tutorial at all ? Simple install with Next , Next , Next and you are done . After restart , automatic update .

Default settings are more than perfect for anybody - they will inform the user for any malware present on the computer and will either just inform or will prompt for action (Clean/Rename/Delete) .

Remember that the tutorial only adjusts the settings to no information from NOD and auto cleaning with no pop-ups . I my self find it important for everyone to know if they have just stuck on an infected page or a malicious file have been created by something .

4. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

LoL good one :D Sorry for my bad english :cool:

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No worries :D

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Having trialled NOD a couple of times, I did not find any difficulty is installing it. I just used the default setting, but in time did a little tweaking.
    I think the information that NOD can only be installed by experts is not correct. If anyone is not expert it is me, and I had no trouble.

NOD is a great AV, and one of the best in terms of not conflicting with other applications. I just happen to prefer a couple of others at this point in time.
    Best,
    Jerry

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

in the past marco's has said that the default settings in nod32 are fine for most users.
    so its a set and forget av.
    you would just need to tell the newbie how to do a scan e.g. weekly
    or give them the link to blackspear's ace guide
    lodore

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

May be you are right but I am sure NOD,s settings are too complex as compared to many others.

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Avast!, Prevx1 and Router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.