"Pause Display" ... doesn't

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by nameless, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I am running Port Explorer 2.000 on WinXP Pro SP-2. When I pause the PE display (using either F2 or the menu), the title bar changes to say "PAUSED".

However, the display isn't really paused. For example, IP addresses still get resolved to DNS names, the socket count in the status bar changes, and entries are added or removed from the display, which also causes the positions of existing lines to change.

Is this a bug?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, isn't the pause long enough to take a screenshot or save the current table? Not sure how many seconds the pause will be.
    The resolving and packets spying goes on, but is it all showing in the table if you save a few shots right after one another to see the differences?

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

The pause isn't a "pause" at all, that's my point. It really is an unambiguous term. The option isn't "Sort of Pause, but Actually Kind of Keep on Refreshing", it's just... "Pause".

4. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

I am also curious to see the official DCS response to this issue...

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Luckman, This is not an official response but I can confirm your findings regarding Pause. XP Pro SP2. when pause is selected it appears to pause for the about 10 secs on this PC. With the refresh rate set to 1 second.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.