Paul Henry Anti-Forensics

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by I no more, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I no more

I no more Registered Member

I've been meaning to post this link for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9VUbiFdx7w

I consider myself fairly experienced with this topic, and I still enjoyed watching this. The guy works in forensics, yet he somehow still seems knowledgeable. I never thought I'd live to see the day. :D

It's not just about criminal techniques. He talks about which software he thinks is worthwhile and which software is junk. The video is over 50 minutes.

Spoiler Alert: He really "likes" TrueCrypt.

2. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

3. I no more

I no more Registered Member

Yeah, I went back and re-listened to Henry. He made some really obvious mistakes and didn't say much interesting past the first 10 minutes. He had kind of an attitude problem as well, like he believed these tools are only used by criminals. A couple times he also stated that malware can't be blamed for illegal activities on your computer, and it's a totally bogus defense. I guess I was just surprised by someone in the forensics field who seemed mildly competent.

Your guy is better, but what is that accent? It sounds like Norwegian or Greek, or something along those lines. :D

4. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

Adrian's American, but a "geek." Sounds like a speech impediment to me... Too much caffeine?!?

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=about

I looked up P. Henry last night. He is a Florida PI. His webpage spouts a ton of IT-related credentials but I just don't get the sense he knows a lot of stuff well (deep knowledge)... he just skitters like a waterbug "selling" himself and his wares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.