Patch My PC vs Secunia PSI

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Never seen this one up, and I don't expect many to have heard about Patch My PC. Have any of you actually tested it and can you tell how it compares to an experienced player on the field like Secunia? Last time I tested PMPC it would hang, but that was on W7 64-bit and possibly not a stable version, so who knows lol.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I use filehippo.

3. raven211

I did use it, but personally it doesn't suit me anymore. Please keep it on-topic. This is NOT a "which updater should I use"-topic, read the title.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Fair enough. Secunia only ever gives me Windows updates and Java I think. No reason to use it. From what I see of Patch My PC it's the same deal -- no programs I really use.

They seem to cover the same ground but Secunia runs from your browser, which I would prefer.

5. raven211

Okay, thanks for the input Hungry.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Never heard of patch My PC before (will add to list), I would stick with the experienced players for important things like this.

7. raven211

Yep, couldn't stop myself from testing it. :p In short, it's a standalone executable, it's a horrible interface, it's completely unusable for me since... well I dun even know how to use it LOL! What it does can easily be done with FreeApps and Secunia PSI. The first-mentioned is a real catch which is also a underdog, but a REALLY good one. FreeApps' homepage is www.freenew.net and is like Steam for applications instead. It is AWESOME!

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Another missed program, sigh. Today's changelog sure is huge.

Can FreeApps check for updates on existing programs?

9. raven211

Indeed it does, thought faulty on this feature previously it seems to do better in this area by now. :)

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.