passwords

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by conniesj, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conniesj

conniesj Registered Member

I am confused on the password protocol in True Image 11. The manual says that the default is no password in the first password screen. In the second password screen I tried leaving it blank and got an error message. Then I put in a password but when the scheduled program tried to run it errored out and said wrong password. Does anyone know what the correct protocol is for these passwords? The manual does not seem to address this issue completely. My Acronis request number is 1440380.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi conniesj,
    When a password is used in conjonction with the Windows scheduled task, it has to be the same as the one you use to open your Windows session.
    Most probably, you don't have one.Therefore, create it and you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel...:D

3. conniesj

conniesj Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I hate the thought of having to have a password every time I start Windows. But I will give it a try.

4. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi!

It's either that or nothing.
    As they say in French:''On ne peut pas faire une omelette sans casser les oeufs''.:rolleyes:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello conniesj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

We may recommend you to create a separate account with Administrator or Backup Operator rights with a password, and use it's credentials to schedule Acronis True Image tasks. This way you can keep the account you use without password.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.