passwords

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by waters, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

I have a new pc with vista.I am useing internet explorer 7.On xp i had firefox with no problems but tried this and Opera but with vista i cant set up web pages to display text correctly for me.
    So i want to stay with Vista and internet explorer 7.
    The problem is autocompleat.I must have said no to saving username and passwords for one particular username.Now i cant get it to ask and save.I have done searches and followed advice and it starts asking for all sites to remember ,but not one in particular.This is for Wilders and another site .It remembers username but not password.I can clear it and when i enter again it does not ask

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

IE 7 has this cool free addon called IE7Pro (i haven't used it though, i don't have IE 7). i don't think it does what you want, but as i looked for it i'll post it anyway lol.
    http://www.ie7pro.com/

4. waters

waters Registered Member

tried all those ,the only way must be the registry

5. GlobalForce

6. waters

waters Registered Member

Thanks,i allready deleted reg entries.Wilders will remember username but not password.It does not ask to remember password.All other sites ask and remember except one.No matter what i do i am having this problem for two sites,wilders and another one.All other sites ask.
    If i cant sort this is there a free program.
    thanks

7. GlobalForce

Not sure, check roboform's site. Forum favored, keepass.
    Registry cleaning carry over to your new pc?

PS - This "other" site .... vbulletin?

GF

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  8. waters

waters Registered Member

Just done a format and a fresh install of vista.Using internet explorer with autocomplete on will not ask or remember passwords for certain sites,wilders is one of them.I can find 3 sites i use that this happens.Wilders will remember username but password has to be typed.All other sites that i have tried are ok.
    I did a fresh install for nothing.

9. GlobalForce

Well now Water's I've no idea whether that's an applied, forum soft/webmaster specific setting or result of something entirely different. Don't consider you're reinstall for naught, if anything you've narrowed the playing field. Staff may comment if relating the former.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.