Passwords Manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Jan 8, 2016.

1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I would like to import my saved passwords that are on Firefox to my Kindle, and iPad. Lastpass has been recommended. What do folks here use, and is Lastpass as good as any for passwords?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I personally trust and recommend LastPass. I use it as my core password storage vault on all my computers and devices. But like anything, there are some potential negatives.

That said, first and foremost, it is a cloud based application. If you're not comfortable with that, that might be THE deal breaker for you.

Second, LastPass was recently acquired by LogMeIn. Some users think that is a very bad thing. Me, until it's proven to be bad, I don't consider that to be a big deal.

Third, LastPass has publicly acknowledged that a couple of network anomalies have occurred on their internal server network. To my knowledge, they have no evidence of anyone's passwords being compromised due to these oddities. (If a LP user has a good master password, their data should be safe no matter what may come due to the encryption method used.)

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Han,

That is helpful. I do want one that will work on all my devices. I assume nly the paid version wil
    Regards,
    Jerry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.