Password

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

A friend brought me his infected 32 bit Laptop, bug or desktop showed blue screen & call windows support (some number not M$) ran HMP, removed the junk & it appeard to be win10, ran ADW cleaner a bunch of stuff removed. At reboot user & password, requested. The user supplied the user name & normal password 6 figures. Which failed several times.

I recall on win10 they ask for a windows account password then a verification code. I think this is what keeping me out. I called my friend & told him to call M$, is there a way around thiso_O?

I cleaned this machine when it was win7, & now it appears to be win10, user has no recollection of installing win10.

Not sure what M$, will say, so in case...this post

Thanks
    Rico

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Rico There are a number of tools which will remove (o even recover) a user's password. Usually they are not free though. They will come with an installer that will created a bootable recovery flash drive, or DVD, which you then boot from to run the recovery software. Just do a Google seach for windows password recovery.

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Roger,

Yeah Just made a boot disk & last step said your using free version, please pay to proceed. It even said 30 day trial. Trial what! it was "Windows Password Recovery" ver 5.0

I'm not sure if M$ will give anything, or reset!

Any favorite 3rd party? I will charge him.
    ________

Is this typical, clean win10, then asks for (assumed) windows account password? User supplied 6 figure pass not valid!

4. roger_m

If you do a bit of searching you may find some free options. But, the majority of them are not free.

I have used a few of these tools, and they do work as advertised. If you do buy one, make sure it says it supports Windows 10.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Roger,

Bought the above mentioned. Removed all accounts password & the field Password said <empty>, reboot & still was asked for password, leaving field blank, did not go to desktop. Tried changing password from boot disc. Entering new 'correct' password, gives "The handle is invalid"
    Tried adding an account, at username type new account name & password, handle is invalid.

I did make a win10 system repair disk

6. AmazingM

AmazingM Registered Member

7. Rico

Rico Registered Member

I don't have the option to use win+r key to get to cmd. The password troublesome is before the desktop.

I booted from win 10 system repair. advanced options > command prompt

net user <enter> shows Guest account no others, & claims error

net user Guest *. <enter> success
    boot to windows at log in screen, I'm asked for JUST Password, for Ron's account. There is no place or way at this screen to choose the Guest account

8. roger_m

@Rico What software did you use?

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

If it was already activated with Windows 10 I would recover any useful files on it with a boot disk and just wipe the thing and reinstall Windows 10. But that's me. Only problem would be reinstalling the other software. Worth it in my opinion if it is an option.

10. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Update - The program purchased is called "Windows Password Recovery" standard recoverlostpasswords.c o m.

This failed email tech support they provided an ultimate tool, which used WinPe. With this tool, I changed the username password to xxxxxx. Then boot & tried the xxxxxx password, this gave invalid handle msg.

Next boot from windows 10 system repair disc. This was unable to find a fix for boot problem. I then used reset & keep files, new or overwritten win 10. Tried the xxxxxx password & I'm now taking my victory lap.

Then I noticed no AV in sys tray, install 360 Total, & turned system restore on.

Note M$ when contacted, had no information for customers email, or phone number. So perhaps this is a "local account" as opposed to a M$ account. Should I advise setting up M$ account. Most likely now it's not registered, will that last?

Mssrs Roger, Amazing, & xxJack many Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.