Password router problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by yodafan, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodafan

yodafan Guest

hey guys

Got a problem, can't log in to the configs for my linksys router, cuz the password im typing in is not allowing me in. Is this gona be a big problem? :doubt:

YODA

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I think most of them have the ability to reset to factory defaults, generally a button or a sequence of holding a button and powering up - something like that.

If you are locked out, there is always the possibility that someone else broke in and reset the password on you. (Of course, it could just be a forgotten password, too.)

Given all the possibilities though, I'd get out the manual, lookup the reset sequence and then reconfigure it.

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi yodafan

Have you made any changes recently? Upgraded firmware?
    Upgrading will usually keep your existing settings, but not always. Have you tried the default password?

Regards,

CrazyM

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

5. yodafan

yodafan Guest

hey crazy and lowwatermark,

I haven't upgraded fireware recently but it had the latest one on it. I tried restarting the router, and typing the default password and still doesn't work. I haven't use the configure recently. But considering if it was broken into or i forgot the password which i'm pretty sure is. How can i regain access back. My firewall is still up i've tested it....

YODA

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi yodafan

Try "The Looooong Reset"

Regards,

CrazyM

7. yodafan

yodafan Guest

Ok thanx guy, got it back.... maybe i didn't hold the reset button long enough, but now i'm able to get into the config.

Thanx again,
    YODA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.