Password protect files

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Don Davis, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Davis

Don Davis Guest

Hello.
    > I am trying to find software that will allow me to password protect files on my computer.
    > IE: I don't want people using my computer to go into My Documents File or others I don't them to see.
    > Can you help with this?
    > Thank you
    > Don Davis
    o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Don,

I think that password protection may not accomplish what you really want. If you don't want any chance that the other people using your PC can read/look at your files then what you need to do is encrypt them. Encryption is far more secure than worrying about whether someone with physical access to your machine can bypass some kind of password security.

Take a look in this forum section (i.e. privacy software) for encryption tools.

Here's a good place to start: An Introduction To Freeware Encryption Tools

3. Don Davis

Don Davis Guest

Thank you for your help, I will give it try, I am not the greatest computer guy so it will take time to learn :D if I have any problems will ask for help.
    Thanks again
    Don

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Good luck Don; hope you find what ya need.

I'll be holding you up to the part where you said you'd ask if ya needed any help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.