Password issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ramelvert, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramelvert

ramelvert Registered Member

When using True Image Home 10 to explore archives created using this same application, a bothering message is displayed in a window titled "Password is required".
    Since I am positively sure I never entered any password and no password is visible in the archiving default options, I wonder wether there is a way to override this password required issue ?
    Additionally, it seems I still have the possibility to restore these archives, what I did, (indicating that no password is necessary to restore an archive ...), although it's a long and time-wasting process just to know what's in a given archive.
    Any sort of help will be most welcome. Sorry for my grammar mistakes, if any, (English is not my mother tongue.;)

2. VikingNet

VikingNet Registered Member

I have the same problem with french vfersion of TI10 (Micro Application, build 4871), password was not used to back up, but wanted to access the file (explore) the backupfile (but, ...strangely, not needed to connect the imagefile, give it a drive letter and explore than without problems...!). Any solution annonced ?

3. ramelvert

ramelvert Registered Member

Thank you for your message. Here's some info that could help you (although it did no good to me ...). I called the Micro Application hotline and was told this problem arises when both Cloneur Expert and True Image applications are installed on one's computer.
    What they recommend is to remove Cloneur Expert and clean the registry to kill all files linked with Cloneur Expert.
    Please let me know if this procedure solves your problem.
    JCG:)

4. VikingNet

VikingNet Registered Member

...I do not have Cloneur Expert, that is not the problem for what I am concerned...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ramelvert,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. This issue exists with Explore Backup Archive tool of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home only.

Acronis Development Team is working on this problem and will do our best in order to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.