Password and u/n problem with TI9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alistair, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alistair

alistair Registered Member

The scheduled backup task had been working fine until I wanted to change the scheduled time. Now, part-way through the process, I am asked for my u/n and p/w which I enter. They are correct as I have a note of them. But the task isn't executed. An error messgae appears in the log stating that there was a logon failure: unknown u/s or p/w.

What can I do to overcome this ? Is there a workaround ? I hope someone can help!!

Alistair

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

There were some issues with editing scheduled tasks in V9.0. What Build do you have? Delete the task and recreate it. It was fixed and I know B3677 does not have this issue.

3. alistair

alistair Registered Member

Hi, thanks for your response, but where can I find the build number ?

Alistair

4. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

it might also be worth pointing out that if you ever changed a user account name in XP via the control panel, it only changes how the name is displayed. you'd still need to enter the original account name in for acronis (or for a manual, non-welcome screen windows logon I believe).

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Start TI and click on Help about to display the build number. If you don't have at least B3677 then upgrade to that or B3854. My recommendation would be to go to B3677.

6. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Have been reading thread

have been reading thread as I'm having same trouble when I set up an incremental backup my build is 4940. If I run a manual no trouble.

Is it required to set password and/or fill in something at each step? Here is error msg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rcbmrb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that both username and password fields must be filled in order for scheduled backup to work. The password should not be blank.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

thanks I was beginning to think this is so now even though it is set up and a manual incremental has been done can I set up a user and password now please give steps

9. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Hello support

I went back and set up user name, which used default user, and set password. Even though the edit said successful Here is error msg

logon failure: unknown user name or bad password (0xfffo) code =800705

when I set up new edit for task trying to get it to backup first monday of month I get this

the login information is not correct.
    Are you sure you want to continue with this task?

why is this so hard should I not use once a month at log off?

10. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

ADDENDUM

here is log evidently task edit failed when I made edit today but log shows ok

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="1" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" task="552AE87E-F979-41B0-AF54-7CAFD65318FD" uuid="8084665F-9986-46BC-998E-06DB4AEFE8DA" version="1.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="The &quot;Current backup operation&quot; operation started" module="100" time="1175543492" />
    <event code="503" id="2" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1175543493" />
    <event code="503" id="3" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1175543494" />
    <event code="503" id="4" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1175543494" />
    <event code="503" id="5" level="2" message="Analyzing partition F:..." module="1" time="1175543495" />
    <event code="503" id="6" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1175543495" />
    <event code="503" id="7" level="2" message="Analyzing partition G:..." module="1" time="1175543495" />
    <event code="11" id="8" level="3" message="Priority changed to Low priority" module="100" time="1175543496" />
    <event code="503" id="9" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1175543496" />
    <event code="1008" id="10" level="2" message="&lt;bold>Create Incremental Backup Archive&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Disk 1&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>To file: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;F:\BACKUP21907.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Compression: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Normal&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1175543496" />
    <event code="504" id="11" level="2" message="Pending operation 128 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1175543498" />
    <event code="504" id="12" level="2" message="Pending operation 131 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1175543498" />
    <event code="506" id="13" level="2" message="Locking partition C:..." module="1" time="1175543498" />
    <event code="1026" id="14" level="2" message="&lt;bold>Backup Archive Validation&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>Location: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;F:\BACKUP21907.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Archive Type: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Image&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Archive created: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;endl/>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Monday, February 19, 2007 11:56:14 AM&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Archive Description: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;endl/>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;full back as of 2-19-07&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>" module="11" time="1175544372" />
    <event code="504" id="15" level="2" message="Pending operation 3 started: &quot;Verifying backup archive&quot;" module="1" time="1175544372" />
    <event code="6" id="16" level="2" message="Operation has succeeded." module="100" time="1175545829" />
    </log>

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rcbmrb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you have entered the same user name and password which you use to log into your Windows Operating System. The user name should have the following format: Computer Name\User name

Use the same user name as provided in Windows Scheduled Tasks available at Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > Scheduled tasks. Schedule a new task with Add New Task wizard and copy username and password form it.

If the issue persists, please follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine to obtain schedul2.log and schedreport.txt. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

I do not use a user or password to log on to windows I prefer not to get into a lost passw when I turn on computer only I have access anyway

13. wirerider

wirerider Registered Member

The failure of Acronis to respond to your last post is all I need to cancel my order and find a new product. Going, going....

14. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

rcbmrb,
    This is not an Acronis issue. This is a Windows issue.

If you run a Windows scheduled task, you need to use a password.

Later in your backup life, if changes occur to your computer and you have not used a password for you backup, your backup archive image can become in-accessible and you will have no backups.

Bite the bullet and start using passwords.:)

15. Bob48

Bob48 Registered Member

Re : "This is not an Acronis issue. This is a Windows issue."

It sure looks like an Acronis issue to me. I have a home machine running XP which does not use Windows passwords and my TI8 schedules work fine with 'Administrator' specified as the username and no password specified.

I do have schedule problems though - on a PC with multiple accounts and passwords. I can't get TI to schedule on that whatever I try. And please don't suggest I take all the passwords off. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.