partitioning external HD

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by carolynsheep, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynsheep

carolynsheep Registered Member

OK, nobody's keen on a quick answer.. maybe someone can confirm or correct this plan.
    Create one NTFS drive that's 1300 GB that leaves me with a 465 Fat 32 thats whats left of the whole FAT32 that the drive is currently and a NTFS at 1300 THEN I can create another NTFS at 930 GB which should leave me now having 1 FAT32 at 465 (original),1 NTFS at 465GB, and 1 NTFS at 930. NEXT I create another 465GB NTFS out of the 930GB from the previous step and now I have 1 FAT32 @465GB, and 3 NTFS @ 465GB each.
    Should the last one be an extended partition so that it can be further subdivided if I so choose.
    Should the first three partitions be primaries. What does logical drive mean?\
    Thanks for your help. I am trying to learn.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Carolyn,

Your plan sounds OK to me.

If you make one of the 4 partitions an Extended partition - then you can further subdivide that into logical drives.

You should be able to set up all the changes you propose in the Paragon main interface.

Look at the Disk Map at the bottom of the main window and it will show the proposed changes.

Make sure you are happy with it before you click the Apply button.

Logical drives cannot be marked active - only Primary partitions can be made active ( only one active partition per HD. )

The Paragon product you have can convert logical to primary and vice versa , without data loss, if necessary.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.