Partition won’t take

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mps69, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mps69

mps69 Registered Member

I’m trying to partition my daughters 160gb boot drive.
    I’ve followed the wizard thro’ each step then I click to commit. The PC requires a reboot and I can see it starting the partition process. The Pc reboots again but the partition hasn't taken. I’ve done this several time now.
    I know I’m doing the wizard right because I did the very same process on my own PC.
    I’ve taken a look at several threads and done as suggested, removing ZA, etc.
    Can anyone advise my next move?
    mps

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Does DD show the new partitions?

What does XP disk manager console show (in control panel\computer management\Administrative tools\disk management)?

Sounds as though something might be locking disk operations.

Colin

3. mps69

mps69 Registered Member

Nope DD doesn't show the partition, it still shows the full amount.
    Also disk management show the full amount too.
    BTW I forgot to say, I'm running XP Pro, with a 2.4 processor and 512 memory.

4. Otis123

Otis123 Registered Member

Boot from the CD (select full program), and attempt the operation off-line. If your version is a download then use the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Builder to make the CD. See, then you're bypassing any utilities that might be locking the partitions, like Antivirus.

It may be that ADDS is seeing some file corruption; it won't partition a drive with bad blocks. To check this you have to run ADDS' chkdsk from the program inside windows; for some reason it doesn't offer that functionality from CD. If it tells you there are bad blocks or sectors then return to Windows and schedule an off-line chkdsk /r /f from your command prompt for the next reboot. Be prepared to wait some time for it to conclude. This may fix the corruption.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.