Partition Table Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drac, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drac

drac Registered Member

In build 889 I selected the Active Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

It rebooted and did a bunch of stuff with parititions - my diskhas drives C, E, F, G and H plus whatever Dell put on it plus the Acronis Secure Zone.

After the reboot - everthing worked BUT PartitionMagic could no longer access the drive saying that some partitions started at illegal places - specifically at a sector of 6 instead of 1. According to PM all partitions must start at sector 1 of Cyl/HD.

Again, the system works but I can no longer make changes to partitions. PM said the only cure is to use FDISK to wipe the hard disk and start over. However when I did a restore, Acronis set the partitions back to their illegal values (the backup I used was made AFTER the problem occurred).

Is there any way to get TI to go back and reset the partitions to "legal" places and MOVE DATA as needed. I can change the partition start sector but since the data did not move I got MBR errors when trying to boot.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello drac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please send a letter with Acronis Report (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.