partition recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by LedZep, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LedZep

LedZep Registered Member

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded my old 60Gb IDE system drive to a 300Gb SATA drive. Decided to install XP from scratch to clean up some junk from old applications, games, .net sdk, etc. Also installed is a 200Gb SATA drive with projects / data / etc.

The original XP disk i have is old (no sp2 or sp1 slipstreamed) When booting it recognised the new disk, I created a 32Gb system partition (left rest unpartitioned) and went to format. At this point a warning popped up that in order to format the new 32Gb partition it would have to format a 128Gb partition on the data drive.

At this point I cancelled everything and used true image to clone the original 60Gb drive to the new 300Gb one. I now do have a working system, however my data drive is inaccessible. It shows up as a 128Gb unformatted partition and rest unallocated. No utilities have been run against the drive.

Can Disk Director recover the data partition for me?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LedZep,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

We need some additional information to localize your problem.

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us?

We also need screenshot of your Windows Disk Management window (Start->Run->diskmgmt.msc).

Should you submit your diagnostic information at our site ?

Please note than you should register before submitting.

Thank you.

3. LedZep

LedZep Registered Member

Hi,

Tried partition recovery from active software yesterday, in 5minutes the original partition table was restored and drive was accessible as normal again. best $22 spent :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.