Partition Manager and Windows 7 - No Dice!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ioniancat21, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 Registered Member

I have had numerous issues with machines running Windows 7. In a nutshell, any boot-time operation scheduled in Windows fails on reboot. What you get left with is a DOS-based menu with a choice of either Linux or your Windows partition. Thank heavens for the Windows Recovery CD which allows me to repair the boot and rid myself of being trapped in the menu. Outside of Windows 7, Paragon's software has always been reliable.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Do you have the latest version of Partition Manager? Only version 10 supports Windows 7. There have been reported issues with Windows 7 64bit and any operations that requires a restart. If that's the case, create a bootable media and carry the operations from the CD.

Some operations that requires a restart can be avoided if you're not retracting the OS partition or a partition with the page file. When the screen that comes up asking for the restart, click on "What files prevent operation completion" and you can show down those services/processes temporarily.

To give you an idea, take a look at this typical resize tutorial:

http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/PM10/PM10_Resize_Tutorial.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.