Partition Magic boot disk

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by visitor, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visitor

visitor Guest

PM installation creates two emergency floppies, which I really need, don’t want and cannot load the whole huge program for the purpose I need, with these two floppies one can format, resize, merge, partition and even Fdisk. My question is: Got laptop without floppy. Is there a way to make bootable CD from the 2 floppies mentioned above? How please, and thanks in advance.

2. visitor

visitor Guest

Please help!! I messed up something

Tried to use NERO (own bootable image I think) for making bootable CD from 2 PartitionMagic floppies(my question few threads below) to use bootable CD for a laptop. tried the CD,it booted with different menu (not PartitionMagic menu) the menu appears in German, I was looking for PQMAGIC.EXE to execute it. But to no avail. Finally quit. Now this screen appear before XP splash screen its in german and reads
    -------------------------------------------
    WWBMW Boot-Menu

Partitionsliste

1:Erste Partition
    2:Zwiite Partition
    3:Dritte Partition
    4:Vierte Partition

*Partitionsauswahl Uber Curser,
    Ziffern oder Fx-Tasten
    *D startet Diskette in A:
    *I gibt Infos Uber WWBMW aus
    -------------------------------------------
    The screen shows 4 partitions
    I didn't do any partitioning. System Restore rejects going backwards
    with error "system configuration change"
    Any comments or clues. please, Please

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

4. visitor

visitor Guest

2 floppies + ..?.. = 1 bootable CD

I am still searching
    Please help if you know some thing

have a boot disk ( of two floppies). Iwant to make a bootable CDthat would contain the data from the two floppies

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Unless I am mistaken you can create a bootable cd with either nero cd program or record now max. I have not done it but the option is there. I hope this is helpful. Just burn the contents of the two floppies and make it bootable.

6. visitor

visitor Guest

if you have one bootable floppy like say, 9x bootable floppy. The proccess as you described and very easy and have done it many times with nero. the question is: if the bootable data on more than one floopy !!!!!!!!!!! Any one knows? Please

7. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi visitor,

I have merged the three threads you started.
    Try using the Reply button for related questions.

Regards,

Pieter

8. visitor

visitor Guest

Hello Pieter_Arntz
    Thanks. I'm sorry about the trouble I made to you
    by the way, have you got any idea
    Thank and sorry again

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Visitor,

I don't know what this is: WWBMW
    Is this anything "legal"? (sorry for asking)

10. visitor

visitor Guest

Hello FanJ
    The problem is simple my friend there is no software involved
    to ask for legal or illegal. all I wanted is to make bootable CD out off 2 bootable floppies (I own them), so when I used NERO it seems that it loaded its own booting manager it is clear from the heading
    WWBMW-boot menu.
    Thats all.

I have this laptop, it boots from xp, 2000, me CDs but stop half way through, cannot perform format, repair, install, and I don’t have the facility to hook its hard disk to a PC. so, the only solution is those two floppies from PartitionMagic They are really good that I solved many problems just by using them, but unfortunately laptop comes without floppy drive so my question for making a CD

I really wonder why making bootable CD from more than one floppy becomes an illegal issue. And surprised, how come no one knows about it.

11. bigc73542

Download both floppies to my documents and then when you ad data to your bootable disc just select both floppy files that you now have in my docs. and burn them both to the disc. Then when you boot from the cd both floppies files will be avaliable.

12. visitor

visitor Guest

thanks. already did that and to see what happened please read my 2nd post.

13. visitor

visitor Guest

making bootable CD from more than one bootable floppy, sound simple. but it seems more complicated than I thought.
    I quit.
    From the bottom fo my heart thank you all.

14. bigc73542

sometimes it can be a little daunting but never give up just change your stratagie and go for it again there is no problem without a cure with enough tenancity and will. Good luck with your problem.

15. visitor

visitor Guest

correct. emailed partitonmagic long ago no answer from them yet. by quitting I thought that may be I am alone who demand such thing, and no one is interested. can't find any method or program on how to convert bootable floppies (>1) to a single bootable CD. This is really essential for nowadays notebooks. cheers m8

16. BWMerlin

BWMerlin Registered Member

Have u tried making 2 bootable cd's (1 for each disk) and c if that helps.

17. bigc73542

It may be easier in the long run to just purchase an external floppy drive.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=287

18. visitor

visitor Guest

Thanks. As you know the first floppy is the bootable one in more than two bootable floppies, the 2nd, 3rd, etc. are not bootable by them self. And computers don't think, so after inserting the first CD which is bootable then you will be prompt to insert the 2nd floppy not 2nd CD, inserting 2nd CD you get nothing since the second CD is not bootable by it self. :'(

Thanks. purchasing an external floppy doesn't solve the problem for this issue as it needs a fully working OS. o_O

19. bigc73542

It sounds like you are just about up the creek on options :(

20. visitor

visitor Guest

Floppy is dying but still useful. Managed to hook the laptop HD to another laptop with built-in floppy, inserting the two PartitionMagic diskettes, pointed the mouse curser to Partition “delete” then “create” then “format” .Now every thing is ok (thanks PM). BUT I am still thinking about how to make a bootable CD from two or more bootable floppies. Thanks to every one

21. bigc73542

Good work, There is almost always a way around a problem with the use of a little brain power ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.