Partition Lost

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by JSchware, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSchware

JSchware Registered Member

I accidentally deleted the partition on my external usb HD. I have not yet made a new partition, I stopped as soon as I realized the mistake I made. Can I recover what I have on that HD or is it gone?

When I turn the HD on now it does not show up in windows explorer or have a drive letter. I'm assuming because of no partition. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Vart

Vart Registered Member

You can try Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 (for none server OS) it will be able to recover deleted partition if you've not add any changes to the unallocated space.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JSchware,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We can offer you to take a look at Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0. This software has the special utility called Acronis Recovery Expert embedded. This utility will allow you to recover lost or deleted partitions.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Registered Member

I deleted my cloned HD by mistake too, and I've thinking of buying the downloaded version of ADDS 10, my problem is that since the computer is not booting and I can't download to it, how do I use it if downloaded from another computer since these download need to be installed in the system to be able to use? Can anyone help with these questions?

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Once you install ADD on the other computer, just create a Bootable Rescue CD and boot the broken computer from the CD and run ADD from there.

I believe that, to conform to the letter of the ADD license, assuming you only purchase one license, you should first UNinstall ADD from the PC you originally installed ADD on and THEN boot the broken computer from the Bootable Rescue CD.

6. Devil Dog

Thanks so much, I think I realized why Windows XP won't boot from the CD, I don't if anyone have encountered similar problem. I think if one partition their HD with ATI, windows can't read the drive when trying to reboot. I hope people at Acronis know this and find a way to fix the problem.

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

ATI = Acronis True Image
    Have you posted about this in the Acronis True Image forum ? The only sense in which you partition with ATI is in conjunction with a restore operation.

8. Devil Dog

I have posted it in ATI Forum, and you are right. I was restoring when I did the partition. And after the partition, Windows XP Prof won't from install Disk, it kept saying that NTLDR IS MISSING, but when I installed a new HD, I was able to boot from the same Disk

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Devil Dog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Here is the solution for the NTLDR IS MISSING problem:

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If it does not help then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.