Partition Help Needed - Desperately

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by TomAZ, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I desperately need some help. I posted this same question on another forum, so hopefully, someone can help.

I won't go into all of the details as to what has happened (and I'm not positive I even know for sure). However, here's what it seems to be tied to... I "Stopped" a running Service yesterday because it was using too much memory (couldn't change it from Automatic to Manual). I knew what the Service was related to (Returnil RVS 2011), and didn't think it would be too much of a problem because I wasn't using that app all the time. However, after Stopping the Service, I noticed a few strange things going on, so I restarted it again.

As a result, it appears that somehow my C:\ partition was cloned and now I have a Z:\ partition, which looks like an exact duplicate of the C:\ partition. This could very well be a temporary or virtual partition, but I have no way of knowing for sure — and it doesn't remove itself, even after multiple reboots.

What do I do?? How do I get rid of the Z:\ partition and get my system back to where it was? I'm using Windows XP SP3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

UPDATE...

Problem is resolved. No further assistance is needed.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Turn the service back on...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.