Partition Expert - undo

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mac_asger, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac_asger

mac_asger Registered Member

I used Partition Expert 8.0 to transfer free space from d:\ to c:\

1- I was using the automatic wizard for this.

2- I committed the changes and partition expert was running - when suddenly in the middle it shutdown my laptop.

3- I restarted the laptop and ran the partition expert wizard again. After committing again, it came with estimated time of 1 day. So, I cancelled the operation.

4- I restarted the machine again after that and windows started running chkdisk on d:\ and did a lot of restoration stuff.

After it finished the chkdisk and booted - I found that some of my files on d:\ have gone corrupt.

I have attached one sample file - which went corrupt. Is there any way I can get the files in the original state?

I dont have system restore monitoring the d:\ - so that option is not available and I dont have any backups for some of these files - so I am stuck.

Please help!

thanks

2. mac_asger

mac_asger Registered Member

Hi,

I have attached a corrupt file.

Is there a way to fix the corrupt files - using some recovery software?

Please reply asap.

thanks

Attached Files:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mac_asger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We regret to inform you that the corrupted file can not be recovered, at least with Acronis Software.

We would also recommend that you download latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis software. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Should the issue persists with the latest build, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.