Partition Expert 2003 build 292

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by teamjd, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamjd

teamjd Registered Member

Hi All,

Three questions:system ECS K7S5A, amd XP1800 512 ram, Ati 7500, 45G & 160G HD's

1. Since I upgraded from XP Pro /sp1 to /sp2 PE won't work in windows to create or resize partitions. It starts to work and when it reboots it hangs at the can't read from disk blah...blah...blah, and I have to reboot without completing the action. If I work with the Boot CD out of windows, it works fine. Is this a known problem with sp2? I never had a problem before.

2. I'm adding 4-250G Hd's in a Raid 0 + 1 setup as a media server. Can I use PE 2003 for this setup or do I have to buy Disk Director? If the later, then forget question 1.

3. Will true image 8.0 build 774 or newer handle the RAID imaging?

I've been a happy Acronis user for quite a while, and I'd hate to switch if I don't have to.

Thanks in Advance...Dan

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, teamjd

There were lots of post on the M$ beta pages [when SP2 was beta] , and on various XP Forums and also since gold release that it had some compatibility problems with some software programs. [It broke them :doubt: ]

You could try a unInstall and reInstall to see if it works under Windows.

That I do not know, if it will work with your chipset from the BootCD in Raid, it did not with my Raid. [see the tread blow the one started by Robyn]

Same about thing your chipset, it does with my Si3112.

Sorry I can not be of more help Dan.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. teamjd

teamjd Registered Member

TheQuest,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried re-installing but no go...it still doesn't work with sp2 despite what Acronis says about all there software being compatible. They'll probably say, "all of their current " software is compatable. I can change partitions from the Acronis Boot CD, but then it doesn't see my SCSI drives. Looks like I have to buy Disk Director after all. I do like the software. It's just annoying that it's only a year since they bombarded me with e-mails to purchase PE 2003, and now there's no support for it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teamjd,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Though we do not support Acronis Privacy Expert 2003 any longer you may try to reinstall it after the installation of SP2. As for more powerful tool Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 you may purchase the Upgrade to it for lower than the full price at our on-line store http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/upgrade/ This is the full version but for lower price because you have already got Acronis Partition Expert 2003.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.