Partition corruption occurs

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by henrikmc, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrikmc

henrikmc Registered Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Using PM 8.5 on server 2003. HP prolient hardware 380 G4/G5/G6 and bl460 blades. smart array 5i, p400 etc. scsi and sas drives (depending on Gx model)

We have two partitions, and sometimes we adjust these. Typically shrink d: part and then make the c: part expand the free space. We always do the procedure in two steps, first shrink d: then expand c:

The process have been tried with PM installed or from a bartpe boot. The result is the same.

The process finishes with no errors and the server is booting fine. Then after a while, minutes I believe or after a second boot - the c: partition becomes corrupted and the server craches or are not able to boot anymore (complaining about missing system files).

Only way to fix it, is a full restore. :ouch:

Anybody have an idea on this? raid controller/drive issue?
  2. kevcar

kevcar Registered Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I was using 9.5 and it happened to me on a dl360 G4. I have successfully combined 2 partitions to one. But the shrink corrupted it. Won't try that again unless its in a lab.
  3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Aug 10, 2009
    I assume the missing files are on the C partition? Most likely you would have to shrink the D volume offline from a bootable CD or in startup mode. However, expanding the C drive can be done live in Windows.

Unfortunately version 8.5 and 9.5 are outmoded and we recommend updating to the latest version 11.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.