Partition corruption occurs

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by henrikmc, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrikmc

henrikmc Registered Member

Using PM 8.5 on server 2003. HP prolient hardware 380 G4/G5/G6 and bl460 blades. smart array 5i, p400 etc. scsi and sas drives (depending on Gx model)

We have two partitions, and sometimes we adjust these. Typically shrink d: part and then make the c: part expand the free space. We always do the procedure in two steps, first shrink d: then expand c:

The process have been tried with PM installed or from a bartpe boot. The result is the same.

The process finishes with no errors and the server is booting fine. Then after a while, minutes I believe or after a second boot - the c: partition becomes corrupted and the server craches or are not able to boot anymore (complaining about missing system files).

Only way to fix it, is a full restore. :ouch:

Anybody have an idea on this? raid controller/drive issue?

2. kevcar

kevcar Registered Member

I was using 9.5 and it happened to me on a dl360 G4. I have successfully combined 2 partitions to one. But the shrink corrupted it. Won't try that again unless its in a lab.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I assume the missing files are on the C partition? Most likely you would have to shrink the D volume offline from a bootable CD or in startup mode. However, expanding the C drive can be done live in Windows.

Unfortunately version 8.5 and 9.5 are outmoded and we recommend updating to the latest version 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.