Paretologic security product's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

Paretologics publich new security software:

ParetoLogic Internet
    Securit
    y –

Cyberattacks can destroy your computer! Viruses, spyware, phishing, keyloggers, trojans or rootkits – they are all looking for a way to get onto your PC. When you become infected, these malicious programs take over your machine, cause malfunctions, or steal valuable information.

You need antivirus software that defends your computer against a variety of threats. ParetoLogic Internet Security contains an innovative scanning and cleaning engine that finds and completely removes even the most deeply rooted viruses, spyware, and other malware, like rootkits, which attempt to cover the tracks of potentially damaging malware.

ParetoLogic Internet Security provides premium protection against all kinds of cyber threats. Your email messages and contact list are protected by Anti-Phishing technology and advanced Email Security. Surf the web without worry – the Active Protection and Web Shield have you covered against drive-by downloads and suspicious files. The Firewall offers a sophisticated Intrusion Detection System, monitoring, logging, and custom port or application rules to give you full control over your network traffic.

New Features IS:
    Thorough Scanning and Cleaning: including spyware, viruses, computer worms, Trojan downloaders and many more.
    Easy-to-Use: The clean interface and scanning workflow are intuitive and seamless.
    Dynamic Active Protection: ParetoLogic Internet Security actively secures your system against all kinds of malware and viruses, with real-time blocking of suspicious files.
    Email Security: Don’t get hooked by phishing scams, protect your email contact list and inbox from worms or malicious files.
    Advanced Firewall: The Intrusion Detection System blocks network threats automatically. You can monitor traffic, view log files, or create custom application and port rules.
    Web Shield: Automatically secure your browser from websites that are known to distribute malware. You can also specify websites to block or allow.
    Free & Frequent Definition Updates: The antivirus, antispyware, and antimalware databases and intrusion detection system updates to protect you against emerging threats
    Lockdown Computer: You can shut down all network traffic if you’re worried about malware transmitting information to and from your computer.
    Anti-Rootkit Technology: Rootkits are malware that attempt to gain administrator-level control while also attempting to obscure their tracks – but they are no match for ParetoLogic Internet Security.
    Ignore List: You can add trusted files to a list to prevent them from being scanned by the software.
    Selection and Removal: You can choose to clean all of the items ParetoLogic Internet Security has detected after it completes a scan. You can also select only those you want cleaned. When the results are displayed, you can clear the items that you do not want cleaned.
    Automatic Scheduled Scans: With ParetoLogic Internet Security you can create full or quick scan schedules to run daily or weekly.

XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro

New Features:

Comprehensive Protection: XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro finds and kicks out spyware, viruses, adware, keyloggers, Trojan downloaders and other malware
    Easy-to-Use: It installs and sets up quickly
    Active Protection: By using real-time blocking technology, XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro stops threats from downloading onto your PC. This prevents you from being a drive-by download victim
    Advanced Detection: XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro employs cutting edge and traditional detection techniques to find viruses, spyware and malware. These include heuristics, behavioral analysis and signature-based detection
    Removes Rootkits: It finds and gets rid of malware that tries to burrow itself into the darkest corners of your PC
    Customizable Scans: You can do a quick scan or do a full system search for malware. As well, you can create custom scans to suit you
    Schedule Scans: Keep your PC protected by setting up regular scans for when it is convenient for you
    Automatic Updates: When needed, the virus, spyware and malware database will automatically be updated for free! This means that you never have to worry if it is up to date
    Selection and Removal: XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro can quickly clean away all of the identified threats. You also have the option of getting rid of only certain items found during the scan
    Upgrade to Add These Advanced Features:

Firewall: Stops hackers from gaining access to your PC through the Internet
    Web Protection: Prevents you from accessing known dangerous websites
    Email Protection: Removes potentially malicious links and attachments from email messages

Attached Files:

2. DX2

DX2 Guest

This was a very good anti spyware back in the day..

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think their products were always fishy and rogue. It used to be called xsoft spy.

4. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I read that somewhere before aigle :doubt:

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Yeah, poor history ! Maybe the've cleaned up their act ? About time "if" they have.

My bolding. I'd like to that claim proved in tests ;)

6. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Even if they have cleaned up, could you EVER trust that company again?

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Right you are angle.
    Wouldn't touch their crap if you paid me.
    Best to stay away from so called security software such as this.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

They cleaned up their act years ago.

I would be interested to know what scan engine their internet security is using. I might download it and find out for myself.

9. roger_m

I've just installed their Internet Security, and it uses Vipre for the scan engine.
    It wanted me to reboot after installing it, but since I hate rebooting I chose not to reboot, and then launched it. It started up despite not rebooting and is currently download virus definitions.

10. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

The gui looks great, a bit rogue-ish but at least not the metro ui crap every new av is following :D

11. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap :thumb:

12. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

Some of those screen shots look like they ripped off the Avast 6 interface.

13. gery

gery Registered Member

yep:thumbd:

14. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

No...just no...known for rogue registry cleaning and driver products... and of course they have to put the Microsoft Partner logo in the interface, actually make me suspicious instead of safe when i see that :cautious:

15. roger_m

Their products are not rogues.

DriverCure is not a rouge, but while being safe to use RegCure can I guess be considered a rogue due to misleading advertising.

16. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Umm....

-http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/partners/ParetoLogic-4297696357?LocId=-1

Plus I doubt GFI would let rogue companies around the world use their Vipre engine as they please.

17. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

They want say,that,if paretologic was a rogue company, GFI/Vipre, will not let they use there engines, just that...

18. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

:thumb:

19. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

I'd guess GFI happily let them use their engine even though it's a fishy company as long as it's not misused/modified and they get their money.
    Stay with known products instead of these rougish interfaced "we find everything, no match" that pop up constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.