ParetoLogic Anti-Virus PLUS (New!) [XOFTSPY]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Nike_P, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nike_P

Nike_P Registered Member

Has anyone test the new anti-virus from Xoftspy ParetoLogic?
    I thought they had just anti-spyware and Data-Recovery, but they have released a anti-virus also.
    If anyone has tested it how is it in detection rate compaire to other anti-virus, and the scan speed and also is it light?

http://www.paretologic.com/products/antivirusplus/index.aspx

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Wouldn't touch anything from Paretologic with a ten foot pole. :thumbd:

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't trust that company.
    XoftSpy = de-listed Anti-Spyware scanner. It even reported Windows objects as malware : unforgiveable. Why would I trust their AV. :rolleyes:

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

their "awards" :rolleyes:

..and a 'trustworthy testimonial'
    :D

6. ErikAlbert

They gave even S.W.A.T. a new meaning.
    http://www.paretologic.com/company/media/press_releases.aspx
    Blablabla.

7. Nike_P

Nike_P Registered Member

wow guys so many negative things about them :)
    take it easy, give them a chance as for every other anti-virus.
    They are new to this company so maybe they will improve their detection and their speed?

8. ErikAlbert

I gave them a second chance in the past and they blew it.
    In those days, their new XoftSpy was tested thoroughly. I ran it and it reported that the language icon in the system tray (= Windows object) was a malware.

I accept any false positive, even the most ridiculous one, except when it is a Windows object. I don't call that "thoroughly" tested.
    De-listed software, liars too, ... while there are so many better alternatives, such a company doesn't deserve my attention.

9. EliteKiller

They've had numerous chances over the years and even sent a rep speak on their behalf. I posted the link to the thread in my previous post. Since their AS is inferior in every way it's safe to assume that their AV will be no different. There are so many other superior free alternatives with proven track records.

10. HyperFlow

HyperFlow Registered Member

Xoftspy ParetoLogic they got me also in the days i was not wise about rouge security programs they may not be list as rouge now i have no clue. i paid for the AS program and when my computer crashed and i had to get a new use name to use Xoftspy it took 3 weeks to get it and the spyware seemed to never go away. granted i was not that enlightened on AS programs but that was the hole reason in getting it in the first place!! in all i have had a very bad run with that company and i'm not saying or telling anyone not to use the AV. just be aware of the post you read and give your self some time before buying it!! for me i will stay away fare away......:D :thumbd: :thumbd:

11. LoneWolf

You are getting sound advice here.
    You would be wise to avoid Paretologic.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  12. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep Registered Member

We regret that the posters to this thread have a negative opinion about ParetoLogic and its products. Like any new software company, we have certainly had our share of learning curves, however in the 3.5 years that we have been in business, we have consistently improved our processes and our products. We have made a significant investment in our research and development and in our Customer Support process which has resulted in a large and loyal customer base. We do respect your feedback and your efforts to share information about Internet security and we wish all of you the best in enjoying a safe and productive Internet experience.

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

13. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I would not expect you to say anything else. That said, you can contend (assert) anything you want, but the proof will be in empirical testing that will evaluate it on the same plane as other AVs. If test results are good, the word will spread- if not...

14. EliteKiller

I find it interesting that you have only posted twice since July 2007, especially since this is one of the more popular security forums on the internet. The other Paretologic rep that posted in this thread was also a "one hit wonder" post.

Customer support goes a long way, and so does a negative word of mouth, especially on this forum. Even rogue applications claim to have "significant investment in our research and development and in our Customer Support process".......I'm just sayin' :doubt:

15. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

god bless the company reps that come here to defend there products that folks here do not like or trust.bring your shields. LOL:ouch:

16. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

I decided to install it on a test machine; it just seems to be poor software rather than rogue.
    So far I've seen the EULA is automatically accepted, the database took 3+ minutes to load and it's detected the common malware I've scanned.

17. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Anyone care to review that EULA?

18. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

Here it is:

19. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Looking through that EULA at a glance, I find this particular line very ambiguous in its meaning:

Spamming? Advertisements? o_O

Others might find more....:doubt:

20. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep Registered Member

Hello

We appreciate your comments.

If you have any questions or comments regarding Paretologic's EULA, you would be best served by addressing your concerns directly to ExpertFeedback@paretologic.com

Radu - you edited the post by Firecat and state that you found new malicious code. Could you please provide further details with regards to the code that you feel is malicious?

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi laura,
    the part about radu editing due to malicous code and firecat is just his signiture and just a bit of a joke. his signiture has been the same for months.

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

LOL :)

That is a little joke, and part of my signature....please do not pay any attention to it, its on all of my posts. It all started with a "Happy Byte" :D

23. LoneWolf

Hmmmm...............Interesting paragragh to include in an AV's EULA.
    or do more include such statements?

24. deenybean

deenybean Registered Member

I wish I read that before I signed up to use Xoftspy. They have absolutely no idea about how to remove the malware on my computer, and have taken to ignoring all my e-mails and log files! Lucky for me I discovered Windows Live OneCare free trial, that fixed the problem straight away! I'm still going to send ParetoLogic my log files until I get a reply though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was googling on this app and all i saw was positive reviews but when i check it out at download.com that was a different story:eek:
    it seems to me that this companny is undergraded for some reason,who knows
    well maybe they know better have they are marketting:rolleyes:
    i was going to give a shot but after all i read forget it,i am not going to take the risk of getting a early morning blue screen of death:D .
    do you know any other one to try?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.