paragon users with ICH10r

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by erksom, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erksom

erksom Registered Member

I am interested in updating my paragon drive backup 8.5 to the new pro version
    as i cant get the 8.5 boot-disc to recognize my disk drive over the ICH10R on my P45 motherboard.

Are there any users out there that can comment in regards to the Paragon Drive Backup Boot-disk working with a P45 ICH10R equipped mobo?

There are a number of useful features in the latest versions however I wont be able to take advantage of them until someone can confirm that the boot-disk will operate with this hardware.

Thanks.

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Hello,
    Are you using the linux recovery cd on 8.5? I believe the free edition of Drive Backup 9 allows you to build a recovery cd based on linux. You might want to try that.

3. erksom

erksom Registered Member

Yeah the 8.5 version uses a linux based boot disk which unfortunately doesnt have drivers to support the ICh10R chipset on the p45 mobob's.

Surely some of people here are using the p45 mobos, what are they using for image recovery?

The winpe version of the recovery boot disk should have these drivers and support the chipset, are there users out there who can tell me they are using this winpe on the p45 and image recovery works fine?

Paragon image recovery is a great utility, not being able to use it sucks.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

with the winpe recovery disc you can load drivers in if you need to.
    you would simply download the drivers from motherboard manfacurer website and you extract the files to a folder and stick them on to a usb stick then load then using the paragon wizard.

5. erksom

erksom Registered Member

Thanks lodore. It doesn't sound to hard and I think I'll be able to do that.

Just to be sure of what you mean though, i take it that i have to tell the paragon wizard that "builds" the boot disc to include the files with drivers for the mobo, correct?

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello erksom,
    not quite.
    you need to download the chipset drivers for your motherboard. sometimes you can simply download the exact files you want aka the .inf and .cat files for your chipset. or you can download the .cat and .inf files for your chipset from the intel website here
    you will want the zip format version. unzip the drivers and stick them on a usb stick.
    you using the paragon pack and burn wizard to burn winpe to disc.
    boot from the paragon cd and then insert the usbstick.

on the main paragon menu there is an option called something like load drivers
    click on the load drivers and browse to (drive letter of usbstick):\infinst911autol\All and load the drivers you need.
    once done load up paragon program itself from the cd main menu and it should now show your hard drive.

you will need to repeat the procedure everytime you boot up the paragon bootable cd.

if you have any problems or questions feel free to ask.

7. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Lodore,
    I may be mistaken but from what I could tell from his posts, he does not have the WinPE recovery disc, only the linux version.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

paragon may be able to provide him a winpe iso because the linux version doesnt support his hardware. that is if he doesnt currently have access to a winpe iso already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.