Paragon SYSTEM Backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by janetb, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janetb

janetb Registered Member

Am I correct in understanding that Paragon System Backup will only do automatic backups for full, entire drives and not for selected folders?

I ask because it won't let me set a place for automatic backup images because it says I don't have enough room. I was surprised when the wizard told me that even though I have only 332GB TOTAL of sys files and data, and 932GB of storage space, it's not enough space to do automatic backups. If I can leave out extremely large files that I don't need backed up (e.g., movies, MSO Cache, System Volume Information on data drives), I think I would have enough room....So if I just select the desired folders, should I be able to go Automatic? It seems not, as after doing my selective backup images, it still won't let me set a storage location.

2. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Hi Janet. I am new to the Paragon product myself, but I can't see why you can't do automated backups of selected folders. Just launch the Smart Backup Wizard and select "Other Files and Folders." Select the the folders you want to back up and when you get to the end of the Wizard, having selected what and where to back up, select "Schedule", not "Back Up Now." You can then select when Paragon is to launch the backup job.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.