Paragon System Backup™ 2010 made too many snapshots

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Piko71, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Sorry if it's a FAQ but I couldn't find the answer.

I sett my Paragon System Backup™ 2010 to make 2 snapshots only. But it made more than that. I wonder why.

SystemBackup4.jpg

I ordered the snapshot every week on Tuesday at 22.00 but sometime (when I forget to switch off sleeping mode) it does the snapshot at the morning. Could it be the reason?

Please help the newbie o_O

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. emmrecs

emmrecs Registered Member

My understanding of this is that those additional entries in the list ("My Computer as of...") are referring to back ups that you may have chosen to make at times extra to the designated "snapshots".

Certainly, on my computer, if I open the snapshot list I see the ones created "automatically" AND I see other back ups that I have chosen to make. In my case these "others" are made at my choice because the regular weekly snapshot completely ignores my external USB2 drives and I must specifically create their back ups.

Just to check this, I opened my "snapshot" list; included in it in addition to my "Automatic Snapshot" is a back up I created yesterday of my external USB2 1.5TB drive.

HTH.

Jeff

3. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Thank you Jeff!
    May be you are right, I have those problems with sleep mode and then I start it manually on the morning.
    When your system refuses to backup USB drive do you get some error message?
    May be such one?
    SystemBackup.jpg

Or may be only a number?

Thank you once more time for the help!
    Piko

4. emmrecs

emmrecs Registered Member

Hello Piko.

No, I don't receive any message about the "Automatic Snapshot" not including my external HDDs. According to the reply Mech An posted to my question in this post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=295116 the automatic back ups are intended to be only the internal HDDs.

Jeff

5. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Hello Jeff,
    Sorry about my poor English. I know that PSB doesn't take the USB drivers. But one of my USB drivers doesn't mount properly from time to time. When this happen before backup I get the strange error which I was asking about here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1847811#post1847811
    As you see I have been sent to Paragon Support team. They've been searching few month and find nothing.

I didn't think that this issue with too many snapshots was the same as this old one. But now, when I get some help on the old one I begin to think that may be it's the same anyway.

So I'll wait and see what happen there. Thank you once more time.
    By the way I get one more snapshot lastly o_O

SystemBackup5.jpg

Piko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.