Paragon Scripting Language (PSL) question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anakunda, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

Hello, how do I write PSL command properly that invokes a perl script.

I have written this small script file which however doesnot seem to do anything

test.psl:
    Code:
    exec file "C:\\Perl\\bin\\perl.exe C:\\Users\\Anakunda\\Documents\\backup_free_space.pl -r 3gb Y:\\backup"

If I execute the perl proggy directly from cmd, I get some printout and then it exits, but if I call

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 11 Professional\program\scripts.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 11 Professional\scripts\test.psl"

this doesnot seem to print anything and it doesnot exit, looks like the perl proggy even doesnot run. What's wrong?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

scripts.exe doesn't work with non-paragon scripts. Paragon scripts has specific structure.

What is in backup_free_space.pl ?

3. Anakunda

Script to free space on target drive. I don't know how to ensure free space before running backup in scheduled mode. Can do this by PSL command?

4. Mech_An

you can create *.bat file to execute PL script with perl.exe before running backup:
    Go to Tools- Settings - Run during backup option - and point required *.bat file in the field "Execute before"

5. Anakunda

I`ve got finally the external script working by providing this PSL command:

exec file "perl C:\\Users\\Anakunda\\Documents\\perl\\backup_free_space.pl Y:\\backup"

It just takes some while before the external command runs.

6. Mech_An

Glad to know you found the solution :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.