Paragon Recovery Disk

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Fabiola123, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabiola123

Fabiola123 Registered Member

I have Windows XP Pro IE8 DELL OEM
    My C:\ and D:\ drives are Seagate SATA and G:\ external drive USB (WD My Book)
    I have not used Paragon before and decided to give a try to Backup and Recovery 2011 (Advance) Free.
    I was able to Backup to the external HD USB, then proceed to make a Recovery Disk clicking on Recovery Media Builder.
    Followed instructions up to "Insert a writeable disc to continue and click NEXT to start the writing process" but NEXT does not work, nothing happens.
    I read about Bart'sPE CD and made one without problems but with one warning: "building from an OEM version of Windows can mean trouble."
    Now, I find myself berween the classic hard rock and the wall.
    My knowledge of computers is limited to the one I own.
    What can I do?
    All help will be highly appreciated.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Try to use the option to create an ISO file instead of burning the CD directly (I dont´t know if this option is available in this particular version of the Recovery Media Builder). After creating the ISO, burn the disc with Nero or Imgburn.

There is a potential problem: a Linux boot disc may not recognize some USB external discs.

It is possible to create a BartPE from a Dell computer. I did it some years ago, I remember that a special plugin was required. Search for "Dell" in http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/faq/.

But it is better to forget about BartPE and go to WinPE discs.

3. Fabiola123

Thank you for fast reply.
    The choices for a Recovery Disk are a) flash drive b) CD\DVD.
    I did not know about Linux not able to recognize some USB external disc.
    As I mentioned in my post, I did made a BertPE CD boot disc but with the warning about Windows OEM.
    As to forget about BartPE CD and go to WinPE disc, I google the suggestion and it looks like WinPE only works with Windows 7 not Windows XP.
    So, my main problem still is not been able to make the Recovery disc using Recovery Media Builder.
    May be the answer is look for another backup program but not Acronis.

4. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

You could try to create as recovery media a flash drive (= USB stick) instead of a disk (CD/DVD). According to the Media Builder this is the recommended method. Perhaps it will work.

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

No. Although it is based on Windows 7 (or Vista) code, it works in any recent computer, as long as the hardware is compatible with Vista or 7. It doesn´t matter if the installed operating system is XP. The available memory should be 1 GB or more.

6. Fabiola123

Thank you for the information. I do have 3.25 GB of RAM.
    Question: Do I have to make the WinPE myself or are there any place I can get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.