Paragon OS to SSD™ issue

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Oplopanax, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oplopanax

Oplopanax Registered Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I ran the Paragon OS to SSD™ wizard completely through and didn't seem to run into any insurmountable problems, however, the OS still boots from the original C: drive (HDD) and won't boot from the SSD. When I go into the BIOS and change the boot order to boot from the SSD, I get a "BOOTMGR is missing" and cntl-alt-delete to restart. This continues until I put set the HDD back to the boot drive. I even tried to repair the Windows 7 installation using the disc provided with the computer, and the repair disc only sees the HDD install.

I am running the OEM Windows 7 Professional that came loaded on the computer. The computer is brand new, and has very little loaded on the 1TB HDD yet, so I could actually move everything to the 90GB SSD without issue. Everything, apparently, except the files I needed.

How do I fix this?

Also, will I be able to change the C: designation from the HDD to the SSD?

The sooner someone can help me, the better :D Of course, if I wanted quick results I probably shouldn't have posted this on Christmas Eve :ouch:
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.